Author Topic: Salt Lake Autorama photos  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: Salt Lake Autorama photos
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 04:31:02 AM »
Boy it's nice to see sharp, well exposed photos with good depth of field. What lens are you using Ray?

As an aside, the feature cars from that show were up here in the Calgary show a couple of weeks ago.

Pete

HotRodV8

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 09:25:07 AM »
I just "went" to the Autorama a week after they left.

The next best thing to being there is to go by Ray the Rat's pictures. The pictures were so real that after I saw all the cars and bikes, my legs were starting to hurt.

I think that kustom pedal trike was cool. It didn't have chain drive, but chain no-drive.

Great shoot Ray.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 05:43:25 PM »
Again, thanks to all for the good words.  I used my Canon 7D with the Canon 18-200 mm IS lens and an EX430 Speedlite.  Many of the shots were done with low a ISO setting and a small aperture (f22-f32) with the camera on a tripod.  That allowed me to use exposure times of 3 to 15 seconds based on the the brightness of the car or bike.  A white car required much less exposure duration than a black one.  What it did was to help out with the depth-of-field and blur any people moving in the background...and sometimes in the foreground. 

I'm just now editing the shots from the Boise Roadster show.  A photo's attached.  I gotta get 'em done soon cuz I have another show to cover this coming weekend.

Thanks again,