Author Topic: Team Duke - fundraiser  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Team Duke - fundraiser
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:22:32 AM »
Here's a letter I got yesterday from Rod Nestmann, a racer that Nancy and I met at Maxton a while back.  Take a look through and proceed as you wish.

"Fellow Racers,
My Name is Rod Nestmann I run the HVAC Express mini truck at Maxton and Bonneville. Over the winter I was informed of some sad happenings and they all seemed to come at once, First off, my friend and crew member Ryan tells me his mother Pat one of the coolest ladies you would ever hope to meet has Cancer. A few days later another Friend who has helped me out so much, Joe Timney tells me his son has Cancer. Within Days of my Conversation with Joe my Mom calls me and tells me My Uncle who is also my God Father, the Best Man at my wedding 24 years ago and my Buddy, Caesar Vitale has cancer also. Wow what do ya do with all that! Well not to long after, I was sitting watching a John Wayne Movie “Angle and the Bad Man” a close second to his best one “The Searchers” when during a commercial his son Ethan Wayne comes on and starts talking about Team Duke.org   He talking about how the John Wayne Cancer Foundation has put together this web site witch allows an individual to start a web page and raise money in honor of whomever. It seemed like he was talking directly to me.
Well guess what I did…..
We are now racing the entire season for Team Duke in honor of my Uncle Caesar, Matt Timney and Pat Peterson we have pleaded $20.00 for every MPH over any record we break. So I am asking you to go to my Team Duke web site and post a message, make a donation or make a pledge like us. If you find yourself in sort of the same boat as I, then start you own site honoring your friends or family.  To get there go to www.teamduke.org then search for an athlete, type in our car # 9602 and open the page. If you can’t afford to make a donation leave a message and let these people know you are behind them.
See ya in April.

Thank You Very Much
Rod Nestmann and Crew
HVAC Express Racing #9602"

Note:  I'm pretty careful about posting non-LSR stuff on this Forum, but I'm offering this because it does include folks we hold near and dear to the racing fraternity.  In their hour of need -- maybe something each of us can do will help us all.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com