Author Topic: /CPRO  (Read 2843 times)

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
/CPRO
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »
We are planning to run our 81 Camaro in Classic Production.  I have a couple of questions:
1) the Classic category in the rule book is pretty brief.  Do the in depth definitions of Production (Section 5.E.1) apply to /CPRO Section 5.C)as well?

2) As I read it I can run a hood scoop.  Can I replace the hood with a fiberglass hood with scoop. or am I only allowed to attach a scoop to the original hood?

3) As I read it, it is OK, to sub in a Ford 9" rear end. Is that correct?

4) Is it OK to run a larger displacement than was available stock, as long as it is still same engine family SBC? In other words, can I run a 406 instead of a 350?
"because plan A never works"

Offline Rick Byrnes

Re: /CPRO
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:33:39 PM »

Not to sound like a smart a$$, but yes, yes, and yes.

You seem to be getting it right already

Rick

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »
Old --

You probably saw this, too -- but it bears (Smoky?) repeating.  You've got to build your car to the 228 MPH record in B/CPRO.

Go get 'em!

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 07:59:48 PM »
Yeah, I saw the record.  Really, just wanting to get some license runs in this year.  I was just a lttle confused on some of the apparent conflicts in the rules, such as the hood, hoodscoop issue.
"because plan A never works"

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 11:57:31 AM »
remember you must build a car to the standard of the current record. So even if you dont intend on going that fast, the cars cage, fire, chutes, lugs must meet the current records rating.

This caused me to overlook the lugs last year.

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)