Author Topic: Bub Sidecar rules 2010  (Read 3460 times)

Offline bak189

Bub Sidecar rules 2010
« on: February 23, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
Just a "head-up for the BUB 2010 sidecar rules....................................................

If you run WITHOUT a passenger NO fender is required on the sidecar wheel...........
However, WITH a passenger a inside cover and fender is required..........................
IF you are running for AMA record the 60kg (132lbs) ballast has to be mounted in the sidecar...
IF you are running for FIM ONLY the 60kg (132lbs) may be mounted anywhere on the outfit...
IF you are running for both AMA and FIM the 60kg (132lbs) has to be mounted in the sidecar...
And don't forget ALL fuel lines need Firesleeve..................................................
Question authority.....always

Offline bak189

Re: Bub Sidecar rules 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:25:12 PM »
In addition to my last post on the BUB 2010 sidecar rules, I should have also noted that the 60Kg (132lbs)
needs to be mounted so it can be removed and checked if you are lucky enough to set a record.................

I just yesterday returned from Daytona Speed Week and was told by Horst that Fritz Egli will again be returning to the BUB event for 2010............... with his FIM World Record holding sidecar.....to possible up his World Record...

Offline bak189

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 12:07:21 AM »
In the last couple of months I have had 1 call and 2 E-Mails asking if a articulating sidecar would pass
AMA and FIM Tech. at the annual BUB Meet............The answer from both AMA and FIM is....NO......
I will in turn contact the people who have called and let them know about the ruling......................
As I have done in the past I felt that this information should be posted here on Landracing.com

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 01:09:42 AM »
Only guys that would have asked are the "articulating rigs that lean and that is a "No No" in F.I.M. so I have to assume they are the ones you have to contact...?

If I am wrong than I will say I am sorry..(rarely seen and heard less often)   :-D

Bob,

Thanks for the information...so who is ignoring you..?

J

Offline bak189

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:32:08 AM »
I got 1 call from a articulating sidecar here in Calif. and two E-Mails from off-shore........the guy here in Calif
is bringing it over to my shop and we will make it  ridged for the time being so he can run the BUB.....

John, I don't care who is ignoring me.....Linda ignores me most of the time.....and so does my dog Kermit
I am used to being ignored............................................

Offline debgeo

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
Bob I will not ignore you. THANKS for the informaton you sent me. I appreciate you going out of your way to get it for me. Hope to meet on salt one day. Again THANKS :cheers:
George---Sidecar in progress

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 11:47:10 AM »
Looks like a Flxible won't be legal - maybe in vintage class?  Does one still exist?
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.