Author Topic: Bonneville Stories Part XI Leslie Porterfield Quest to be the World’s Fastest Wo  (Read 3315 times)

Offline Uncle Jimbo

Brother Lou just released the eleventh, in the unending episodes of Bonneville Stories.  Leslie is a real inspiration for woman racers.
If you also click on his Bonneville stories web site you will see an outstanding video of Denis Manning, Chris Car, and the 7 crew setting the new land speed record at the Cook meet last fall. Some of his best work yet, if I may say, and not just cause he's my little brother. Geee I wonder who will be next ?
Any suggestions ?      Enjoy    :cheers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_sgXuiLlzg&feature

Rate the movie and leave a comment. You can also access all of the Bonneville Stories at

www.bonnevillestories.com

Leslie Porterfield loves a challenge.  At the age of 16 she bought an old cruiser in boxes for $200 reconstructed it … mostly because someone said it couldn’t be done.  So it is not surprising that at the age of 32 Leslie holds the fastest record on a motorcycle of any woman in the world and is the first woman to earn inclusion into the prestigious Bonneville 200 MPH Club on a conventional motorcycle.  After crashing at the Bonneville Salt Flats in 2007 breaking 7 ribs, puncturing a lung and suffering a concussion Leslie was determined to set some records … and she did!  The record of 209 MPH on an unfaired motorcycle and again in 2009 with an unbelievable 240 MPH pass belong to Leslie.  This is the first time in history a woman has taken the award.  Leslie’s goals are simple and summed up in two words  “Go Faster!”

Enjoy the ride,

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:16:52 AM by Uncle Jimbo »
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Great video!! How long 'til Speedweek? :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Bobby c

Thank you for another great slice of Bonneville!!!
Leslie rules!
 :cheers:
Bob

Offline Bill Fulmer

• New folks
Excellent,Thanks :cheers:

HotRodV8

Educational video.

It is a celebration of speed through real people. Glad it was done so professionally.

I'd like my daughter to meet Leslie during Speedweek if she will be there. She is a perfect role model.

I ordered the DVD.