Author Topic: lakebed closures - what about the rest of El Mirage  (Read 7041 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: lakebed closures - what about the rest of El Mirage
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 10:34:04 PM »
+1 on Randsburg!

Hope the service at the hamburger joint has improved. :-o  Then again with crowds like these every weekend, I guess I wouldn't blame them for being rude every once and a while. :cheers:  I miss that place, I need to go riding sooooon.  Oh yeah it's almost race season. :-D

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 11:01:46 PM »
+1 on Randsburg!

Hope the service at the hamburger joint has improved. :-o  Then again with crowds like these every weekend, I guess I wouldn't blame them for being rude every once and a while. :cheers:  I miss that place, I need to go riding sooooon.  Oh yeah it's almost race season. :-D

You think the service at the White House, the hamburger joint, is rude and slow. You outta try the "Miners bar" across the street. I can't remember the name but it's run by a little old lady and her son who've owned it for over 40 years. There's a lot of cool old pictures in there, just don't ask for a wine cooler...LOL A buddy of mine did and she didn't know what it was, so he explained. She told him "This is a miners bar, we've got beer and whiskey, whataya want". That made our day... :cheers:
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 11:10:15 AM »
Randsburg is like a baseball game, you don't go for the food, just the show!
Yes, you can eat at Randsburg, even have a cold one but like ballpark concessions, the lines are long and the food is so-so. Meanwhile just enjoy the show parked outside get back on your bike and head out. Besides, where else in the middle of the desert can you ride into town, tie up your bike at a hitching post and get a burger and still have the locals wave at you?  :cheers: