Author Topic: Funny small world story.....  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

Funny small world story.....
« on: February 15, 2010, 07:39:35 PM »
My brother is a engineer (the 'engineer' that drives trains) for UPRR. He had to stop the train and wait a few hours before he could proceed one day near Gerlach Nevada. This was next to the area where Ed Shadle was testing the NAE. 

He watched them do some testing and talked to Ed, who joked that he could use that train to haul the stuff home if he had a key. My brother disappeared for a few minutes and once returned presented Ed with a key to the train.

My Pops was talking with Ed at the NWBR and somehow got on the story of Nevada and transporting the NAE and it came up that this guy gave him a key to the train. The guy was my brother......

Funny how you can go to the middle of nowhere and meet someone that ties you into the big picture. 

~JH

jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Funny small world story.....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:17:30 PM »
I was looking for a thread I could hijack -- and this one, that seems not to have gone beyond JH's original, seems to be the lucky one.  I was sent this link today.  Take a gander at it, and follow down to the video to see the Moonliner, Gary Gabelich, and Tom Sellick -- all in one 60-second commercial.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=7145
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »
I was looking for a thread I could hijack  -- and this one, that seems not to have gone beyond JH's original, seems to be the lucky one.  I was sent this link today.  Take a gander at it, and follow down to the video to see the Moonliner, Gary Gabelich, and Tom Sellick -- all in one 60-second commercial.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=7145

Nice link.

In case it escaped your notice:

Mike   :cheers:
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:33:37 PM »
I figure we've got enough "new topics" and lots of old ones without much use. . .and that's the story I'll stick with for tonight.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com