Author Topic: Typo Amendment to Elmo Procedure.  (Read 14332 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: Typo Amendment to Elmo Procedure.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 06:54:12 PM »
McRat you race in the diesal class---at el mirage there is no tank sealing in the gas class everyone is on the honor system---if you set a record your gas is checked-----------------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »
Are you dirt racers at Elmo really that silly about a simple typo? I'm sorry but it seems like your points competition really brings out the worst in people. At bonneville everybody is always ready to help out a fellow racer even if they are in the same class in my experience.  Sure doesn't seem to be that way when points are involved at Elmo. Seems like everybody is always trying to get their fellow racer disqualifies instead for simple rules infractions. :oops:

Four of the six El Mirage meets are one day meets.  The condition of the lakebed has not been good for the pas few seasons.  One or two runs per day have been the norm.  If you brought your Buell to El Mirage and entered it as engine size 205 instead of 207.   Make a run.  Woops!  I entered it as a 250 instead of a 500.  Silly me.  Let me change it and run again.  Oops I put the wrong frame number down.  I need to run again.  Play it right and you could run all day while everyone else gets one run to get it right.  As to your quote.  What a load of rubbish.  You need to come to El Mirage and see how things work and people help each other.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 12:12:28 AM »
nortonist is right but if he tries to break sheris record i will have to slash his tires  LOL  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Nortonist 592

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 12:30:54 AM »
nortonist is right but if he tries to break sheris record i will have to slash his tires  LOL  willie buchta

Any tire but the front!!  Too hard to find!

Offline Nortonist 592

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 02:55:01 AM »
The way I read the proposal is it only applies if you have made a record run with the wrong data on your entry. Here is a copy of the proposal. Hope this clarifies everything.

Tom G.

2010 EMP changes-Proposed by the Super Fours

SEC V.-C. EMP :

Current EMP Reads -"No single vehicle may run in more than one class at one meet.........."

ADD:

THERE IS ONE EXCEPTION: Only in the case that a vehicle that has completed A SEEMING RECORD
QUALIFYING RUN, and has unintentionally FAILED record certification due to being entered in the
wrong class, may that same vehicle be un-entered and re-entered to run again at the same meet.

The process is accomplished by
-Re-registering using another number, and

- Paying another entry fee, and
- Using exactly the same physical vehicle and engine, and
- Complete standard class change re inspection, and
- Notify and obtain approval from race director
All data for the previous run will be made void. IE: no points, records, etc.

This situation will result in the vehicle's performance in that event not being eligible for the points
championship. ( Different entry number )

I am really curious to know how the re-registering using another number works?  Will the SCTA have a ready supply of numbers for the bumblers?  Or will a quick call to Chuck Kalbach be necessary?  Anyone got an idea how this will work?

McRat

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 03:00:09 AM »
I really don't understand.

No, you will get LESS passes if you make a typo.  You will have to wait in impound, go see the race director, go back to tech, go back to registration, while you would be running anyways if you didn't make the typo.  It guarantees you LESS passes, not more.  You can still run Time Only.

People who are worried that it will allow you to cheat without repercussions?  Huh?

Current rules:

You make an honest typo.  You lose all runs.
You cheat.  You lie and say it's a typo.  You lose all runs.  You either get away with it or not under current rules.

Exactly what changes?

The only person ever affected by this proposed change is somebody who made an honest mistake, and broke a record.  Nothing else is affected at all, not cheaters, not points chasing, not runs, not finances, nothing.  In other words, it could only HELP you personally, it could never hurt you.

I'm puzzled.  Am I missing part of the equation? :?

Offline willieworld

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »
actually a new number would put you at the very end of the line and you might not get another run ----
willie buchta

i think everyone understands the rule as is and it should stay as is---everyone just needs to be careful when you fill out your paperwork
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 12:22:17 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »
Am I seeing a simple solution to this?

When you go through tech, go over your documents with the tech inspector and have that individual confirm you're in the right class. (Get his/her signature for confirmation).
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »

When you go through tech, go over your documents with the tech inspector and have that individual confirm you're in the right class. (Get his/her signature for confirmation).

That would be too easy... :roll:

Offline Nortonist 592

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 06:09:13 PM »

I can't put my finger on it but there is something fundamentally wrong with the above.  Must be something about taking a little responsibility for your action.  Its also not the tech inspectors job to ensure you are in the right class.  They are there to check that your car/bike is safe.  Not to grade your entry form.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
i wuz there for the vote.... SDRC had 3 votes "no" for the change but I'm pretty sure the proposed procedure passed anyhow...
Kent

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
At Bonneville I asked Tom Evans to check a couple of things that had to do with legality in class and he was more than happy to look at my bike and tell me if it was legal or not.

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 08:43:11 PM »
supposeably its not a matter of legality..... its about accommodating those who cant read or write :?
Kent

Offline dw230

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »
Blame it on the LAUSD.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Nortonist 592

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2010, 02:36:00 PM »
LAUSD.  Whats that stand for?   Lacking Ability to Understand Simple Directions?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:37:33 PM by Nortonist 592 »