Author Topic: tools  (Read 14047 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
tools
« on: February 06, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »
There has been a lot of questions on fabrication equipment in the past. Two companies that have lots of neat tools for chassis and sheet metal fab are.
www.trick-tools.com
www.lowbucktools .com
Both have on line catalogs. I sent for the trick-tools and it's great.

Both are good sources check them out.
May Jon could get them to place ads on the web site.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:56:51 AM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wobblywalrus

Re: tools
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
This company sends me catalogs, etc.  Most of the smaller things I can afford are made in C and the American made items are too big and expensive.  Their stuff gets a cursory look and into the fire the catalog goes.  Unusual, this is.  It is smaller industrial equipment made here.  One is a pipe bender, the other is a brake, and the third is an English wheel.  Perfect tools for a home shop.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 12:05:31 AM »
The E wheel.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Glen.  I'll get in touch with them.  In the meantime, when you shop at those two - how 'bout telling them that you're a land speed racer and you spend lots of time with other builders here on landracing.com?  I couldn't hurt...although if you're just browsing I'm not sure how you'd get your message across to them.  Still - - :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »
This company sends me catalogs, etc.  Most of the smaller things I can afford are made in C and the American made items are too big and expensive.  Their stuff gets a cursory look and into the fire the catalog goes.  Unusual, this is.  It is smaller industrial equipment made here.  One is a pipe bender, the other is a brake, and the third is an English wheel.  Perfect tools for a home shop.

Baleigh, good stuff even their imports. They advertise on the Garage Journal and HAMB. I'll get you the guys contact Slim

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »
Indexing heads are hard to find.  The one I use is an Ellis and it comes in handy for all sorts of stuff, like making hex bolt heads.  There is one for sale a Lost Creek Machine, Item K2108, "Ellis 8-inch dividing head w/plates."  www.lostcreekmachine.com 

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »
This is something I did tonight on an Ellis indexing head.  It is an example of what they can do.  The dial is used to turn the part and pins stick into holes in a plate to get the correct position.  The head bolted down to a drill press table and the table is rotated around under the mill cutter.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:29:02 AM »
This is the part.  It is a gas cap and the flats are milled on the edge using the index head.  The flats make the gas gap easier to grip and turn during fuel stops.