Author Topic: Lectrons vs Injection at Bonneville  (Read 17248 times)

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
Re: Lectrons vs Injection at Bonneville
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »
Can we take a quick side track on this topic - and 754, PLEASE chime in, because the 40 DCOE is at the top of my list.  I'm building a 970 cc Spridget engine for a production car class - 5 ports, two for intake, three for exhaust.  I have the manifold for the Weber, but I'm not married to it.  There is a lot of info out there for the Weber in my application, but I haven't ruled out an appropriately sized pair of bike carbs, or TBI's for that matter.

Assuming I can whip up a manifold, is there a pair of bike carbs - Lectron, Mikuni, whatever, that would be as easy to set up in an application and would flow as well as the Weber?  Keep in mind, I only have two intake ports, so each barrel will be drawing at twice the rate per RPM that one would see in a typical 1-carb/1 cylinder application, like on most bikes.

Any thoughts?  Anyone?  Thanks.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 754

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 02:05:00 AM »
Let me mention this, I used to have the MPD ... Magnusen Product Development  jetting sheets for @ carbs on Honda 750 and single carb on Harley 1000 or 1200cc.. I do believe the venturis were same size and jetting was pretty close. I may still have the sheet for the dual Honda, And single Honda carb setup, with baseline jetting, will try to take a look..

By spridget, do you mean bored out SOHC CB 750..?

Bak, I rode the 750 solo,with the webers out to Bub in 07, had it parked on Landsend everyday, blew the motor  only a few hrs running after I got back, have not fixed it yet... will be 970cc next time, got Crower rods, Arais pistons.. sorta doubt it will be done by summer.. good think about the hack platform , if I did ride it out would have lots of room for tools..

I did ride that ratty overloaded black 750  to the last bub meet.. :-D

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »

By spridget, do you mean bored out SOHC CB 750..?

I thought this one might be odd. My apology - I'm talking "Britcar" in "Bikeland".

Spridget = Austin Healey Sprite/ MG Midget. 

I'm looking at bike carbs because the capacity of the engine is similar. 
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 754

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »
Renault Gordini and the Lotus Cortina, used dcoe's..