Author Topic: Motor Scooters, Drag racing & LSR's  (Read 21306 times)

ScottG

Re: Motor Scooters, Drag racing & LSR's
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 08:32:56 PM »
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:22:46 PM by ScottG »

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 08:41:53 PM »
I always thought a scooter was one that you sat on, with your feet in front of you on a floorboard and a motorcycle had the foot pegs on each side.  But then, what do I know?  I'm not experienced in anything but a "totegoat" or is that totegote? anyway, you get the idea.  Aaaaand, this Kliff guy reminds of ?? who was in the chatroom Tuesday night.

Ah well, doesn't matter, I said what I meant and I meant what I said about Dan!!   :-D

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 01:04:23 AM »
How does a tech inspector react to a vehicle that conforms to the tech rules but violates all common sense?  The kawi turbo scoot comes to mind.  The butt welded chassis tubes, questionable chinese metallurgy, and lots of power make a dangerous combination, even if it can be built to meet the rulebook.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »
When it comes to tech inspectors whats the rulebook got to do with it?   Actually when it comes to something like a turbo Kawasaki scoot the tech inspectors can rule it unsafe even if it meets all the requirements.   Inside the bike tech trailer.  A small sign.  "Arguing with a tech inspector is like wrestling with a pig in mud.  After a while you realise the pig is enjoying it".
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 01:41:22 AM »
That's good.  Keeping the crash and injury rates to a minimum helps us all.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 02:13:21 AM »
The first sentence in my last post was an attempt at sarcasm.  Truth is, Tom, Van and the rest of the tech guys do a great job.  I've been thrown out of tech (once, very embarrassing and humbling) because my interpretation of the rues didn't meet theirs AND one aspect of my build was dangerous (to them, not me :-) ).   But if something is obviousy fishy it won't pass.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline bak189

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 10:34:35 AM »
In past years there have been scooters racing at the BUB Meet,................. at speeds of just over 100mph........BUT a scooter with a Turbo/Kawa for power would be a real challenge for Drew and his inspectors.
Question authority.....always