Author Topic: LSR Espionage  (Read 6635 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
LSR Espionage
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:37 PM »
We have all heard and read about the SPYING that goes on in Formula 1 and Nascar.
Day before yesterday I got a call from Lee Gustafson and he asked if it would be OK for him to drop by for a visit because he just happend to be in town for some hors show, I said sure come on.

Yesterday,   Lee ( a fellow hatter) and his wife Joy came by and spent a delightfull 5+ hours with Linda and I.

He asked for the tour of the shop and would like to see the car.  I showed him around and answered all his questions. I learned he drove the 77 car to get hat #77.  Should I be concerned?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 08:40:22 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline gearheadeh

Re: LSR Espionage
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »
We have all heard and read about the SPYING that goes on in Formula 1 and Nascar.
Day before yesterday I got a call from Lee Gustafson and he asked if it would be OK for hem to drop by for a visit because he just happend to be in town for some hors show, I said sure come on.

Yesterday,   Lee ( a fellow hatter) and his wife Joy came by and spent a delightfull 5+ hours with Linda and I.

He asked for the tour of the shop and would like to see the car.  I showed him around and answered all his questions. I learned he drove the 77 car to get hat #77.

Sparky.....this is criminal,  will you be able to recover from this?   L.O.L.  Sounds like you had a great time!
40 is the old age of Youth, 50 is the young age of the Senior years.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:39:11 PM »
Sparky Bill, Lee is a motor guy, you should have tried to borrow a set of heads   :-o
Hope you didn't reveal too many beauty secrets  :roll:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 09:54:48 PM »
LOL   I tried in advance to tell him that was the price of admission---

but he showed up without them---rather than be rude,  I still invited him in,  could not get any IOU either--the things one does in the name of civility!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
hummm..... And you said you were coming by my shop tomorrow. Hummm......  :-o
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Eric_M

• Bub 50cc Project
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:45:22 AM »
That's pretty funny, but actually have a guy from one of the other teams we have to kick out of our race shop every year.

Offline DallasV

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:01:33 AM »
Day before yesterday I got a call from Lee Gustafson and he asked if it would be OK for him to drop by for a visit because he just happend to be in town for some hors show, I said sure come on.

He asked for the tour of the shop and would like to see the car.  I showed him around and answered all his questions. I learned he drove the 77 car to get hat #77.  Should I be concerned?

Yes I would watch that 77 crew. They haven't quite figured this whole LSR thing out yet. I would hate for them to figure out the tricks of the trade and become competative. :-D
Records or parts, I didn't come all this way not to break something.

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:37:18 PM »
.  Should I be concerned?

Yes I would watch that 77 crew. They haven't quite figured this whole LSR thing out yet. I would hate for them to figure out the tricks of the trade and become competative. :-D

Yeah...and next thing you know they will be bringing their own photographer, chef and high explosives! :-D

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
Hey, they already have rockets. So far they only shoot them up and not down the course or through the pits.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »
Hey, they already have rockets. So far they only shoot them up and not down the course or through the pits.

So ...you missed those two then eh Glen!!? :evil:
I am slow but I :-D do learn!

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »
I guess our build diaries should have some sort of protection too  !!    :evil: :? :-D :cheers:

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
Re: The truth about BUSA's
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 05:05:57 AM »
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
Re: The truth about BUSA's
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 05:51:17 AM »
Is there a class for spacecraft in LSR ?
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/health-science/japans-hayabusa-spacecraft-returns-to-earth-in-south-australia/story-e6frg8y6-1225879507483

Hey Tiny, that would be just down the road from you  , wouldn't it?
G
Apparently ?  unfortunately, it corresponded with my annual orgasm, and I missed it  :?
Tiny
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE