Author Topic: Australian Shipping Costs?  (Read 1761 times)

McRat

Australian Shipping Costs?
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »
I put a set of Harley gears on Ebay, and the guy who won the auction was in Australia.  So I went to the UPS site to calculate shipping.  $250 for a 15lb parcel?????  At first I thought I must have typed in Mars as the destination address.  But FedEx was similiar in pricing.

Is there some kind of trick to get a decent shipping price to AU?

Offline hotschue

Re: Australian Shipping Costs?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 08:21:44 AM »
Believe it or not USPS is the most economical....just takes a while to get there......Ask the buyer in Australia, if they bought parts before they seem to know the best way to ship.  Good luck, Udo
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:23:33 AM »
G'day McRat, try UPS , iv'e had heaps of reasonably heavy parts shipped over here in the past and their just as fast as USPS, but nowhere near the cost, usually airmail, but there's the surface mail option (boat) which takes about 3 weeks (from when the ship sails)
Tiny (in OZ)
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

McRat

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »
Believe it or not USPS is the most economical....just takes a while to get there......Ask the buyer in Australia, if they bought parts before they seem to know the best way to ship.  Good luck, Udo

Thanks!

You're right, USPS was $43 for the same parcel, 6-10 days delivery.

I seldom use them because we have UPS and FedEx pickup daily at work, but that might make a trip to the post office worth the trip.