Author Topic: 1350cc Pushrod bike  (Read 52151 times)

Offline JimL

Re: 1350cc Pushrod bike
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2010, 02:47:21 AM »
Oiling system complete tonight.  Pumps from the front engine into the remote filter, and then to the main galleys, trans, and gauge.  I had to "double deep" the front sump in order to get even depth between the engines.

....more to do

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2010, 05:20:36 AM »
Getting closer! :cheers:
I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing your bike.
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline JimL

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2010, 01:52:53 AM »
Thanks for the nice words and encouragement.  Some days it's a struggle, some days ok.

I'm fitting the fiberglass, now, and had to move the footpegs (again) and will have to move the oil filter (???where???).  The belly pan is a tough work out, due to the low frame rails because some fool just HAD to put two engines where one should be.  There will be some holes in the right side, to get the exhaust out of course.

I couldn't use the TZ750 throttle because nobody wants to tackle the cable (bringing it back to you Kent).  Barnett can solve the cable, so onward we go, and it'll be easier to fit up than 4 individual runs.

At least the rear brake works well, and there's plenty of room for the shift linkage.  I need 3 batteries on the left side (too heavy on the right, and a big electric water pump (Dedenbear), two fans (SPAL), two starters, two ignitions).  Maybe ballast as well, but it may have to be in my left boot! :lol:

The good news.....it's a sub-200 record and an obviously sub-200 bike....I can get tires!!

Offline JimL

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »
Sidebar to the project....a pic of the tiiny little "shop cat" that has adopted our back door.  Looks like this is as big as she gets, and tomorrow night I've got to trap her and get her to the vets and take care of some trouble.

Nice to have someone drop in to talk to you while you're working.....even if it's only to say, "FEED ME, FEED ME!"

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2010, 04:09:05 PM »
Looking good jim wish i was coming this year!

Carefull with the little critter it might know Judo.

ttfn oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »
lookin good buddy... i got those intake rubbers for ya and also the jets.... remember i have that solder pot and can make you the cables or ya can just borrow it and make em yourself...
kent

Offline JimL

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 12:45:59 AM »
Exhaust pipes coming along.....belly pan will need a little work, and a little bulge in the fairing.  Tuning for 10-11000 RPM, here.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:19 AM »
Jim,
Do I detect a slight megaphone on the end of your headers?? That thing should really sound great at 10,000!!! Progress is looking good and thanks for keeping us posted.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »
Jim

Very intriguing!  What will it sound like?  Like a 4-cylinder?  Or are the motors phased to "echo" each other?  Or what?  I'm excted to see and hear it.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JimL

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »
We are ALL wondering what it might sound like (hope it's not just BANG...CRUNCH).  The firing order is:
Forward cylinder fires,
180 degrees later the third cylinder fires,
then 100 degrees after that, the #2 cylinder fires,
and then 180 degrees after that, the #4 cylinder fires.

weird.... :?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2010, 12:57:46 PM »
Jim I am sure it will sound like this when revving it up.....Vroooom  Vrooom..Vrooom...Vrooom   :cheers: :cheers:

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2010, 02:44:38 PM »
I aint no expert but why the,what seems to me an odd firing sequence?

Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline JimL

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2010, 07:01:05 PM »
Cylinders are at at 80 degrees angle.....only engine I've ever seen like that.  The stroke is so short, they don't seem to vibrate much.  Expect it'll be worse with the higher compression and almost no flywheels.

desperately trying to get this thing fired up by the end of the month....

Offline JimL

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2010, 01:31:28 AM »
Had to move the #2 megaphone outboard about 3/4", in order to get the tip flush to the fairing.  The rest of the fairing mounts came together well, so tomorrow I'll move on to the ground stand.  Need that done so I can fit the belly pan to the exhaust pipes.  The bike will be about 4" higher than the position shown, once it's sitting on the tires (ordered BT003s....though this thing isn't likely to get close to 200, unless I can figure out how to bore and stroke these engines someday).

Happy fathers' day.
JimL
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:36:09 AM by JimL »

Offline JimL

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »
A little more progress....
Up on wheels/tires, belly pan reworked to fit the pipes, intake manifolds are on (but need to modify the rear one).  Battery tray has to be redone (I'm going to put the batteries more left, to balance the bike and get easier access.  It will also make room for the water pump where I really wanted it.