Author Topic: Shop Relocated -  (Read 2341 times)

McRat

Shop Relocated -
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »
For those who have visited our race shop before, we are no longer there.  Parts and tuning sales fell off last year, so it wasn't wise to pay $2000/m for overhead on the shop.  I'd rather use the money to break more stuff.  We will still be doing tuning and sales, just not at that location.

Today I will be moving the last of the stuff out of the shop at 310 S. Maple St, Unit E, Corona (if the storm doesn't stop me).  Everything is being moved into my garage at home (like putting toothpaste back in the tube).  My primary business, Quality Inspection, is still at 310 S. Maple, Unit F and has been in business 17 years now, and is doing fine.  We do dimensional inspection and reverse engineering (digitizing/blueprints/CAD models).  

I will admit that I suck at sales.  I've tried many times in the past to open up sales businesses with no great success.  I guess my problem is I tell folk both the good and the bad about what I sell, which is not too clever.  I also tell them when I do not recommend what I sell for their application.  

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:33:29 AM by McRat »

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: Shop Relocated -
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:57:53 AM »
Pat, I think that is called honesty and integrity. :cheers:

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

McRat

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »
Pat, I think that is called honesty and integrity. :cheers:

Fred

Perhaps insanity... :-D

Doing the same thing for over and over and expecting different results.  :roll:

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »
Pat, being newer guys at this speed business, my son and I have lost a lot of money buying parts that did not perform as advertised, are poor quality, or in one case, downright dangerous.  We have lost a lot of money and development time.  Doing business with honest people is very important to us.  Unfortunately, it takes many years for a person's reputation to become well known and for it to pay off.  There are times at the beginning when honesty does not appear to turn a profit.  Keep your integrity.  It will help you in the long run.   

Offline GearSpeedKelvo

• GEARSPEED MOTORSPORTS OWNER
  • ORGANIZING THE FIRST PHILIPPINE LAND SPEED RACE
    • GEARSPEED MOTORSPORTS
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:47:52 AM »
Don't give up keep it going.I agree with fredvance it is honesty.One of these days all of us who has a business will be successful.

Organizing the FIRST Philippine Land Speed Racing
Making the FIRST Philippine Land Speed Race Car on a Honda Civic
GearSpeed Motorsports' FIRST Race Car
PLSRA Philippine Land Speed Racing Association
Lot 6 Block 11 Buencamino St. BF Homes Subdivision Alabang Muntinlupa City
Contact number 807-13-95/09177941980