Author Topic: oil down  (Read 14882 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: oil down
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2010, 04:33:54 PM »
How about you put a yellow flashing light on a pole high enough for the people to see at the start/stage area. At least they would know something is going on down course. SCTA at the lake uses a low power FM radio station as well as the CB. We also have a lot of spectators lining both sides of the course and 11 patrol positions on both side of the course. The CB has proven to be the best way to communicate with the racers and crews.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline jreken

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 04:55:22 PM »
It all boils down to "let the other guy do the work". The meet in '09 when Jimmy Shine came ( # 2?)  I made the announcement, went to the pits to get 'shufflers", reported to the oil down and THEN drove all the way down to start to get more help. I walked the grid yelling for help in my best "school teacher" and drove them to the spill. I had plenty of room for all the volunteers in my NEON!!! (Jimmy was one of them)  We eventually got a good turn out but it shouldn't be like pulling teeth. Besides Joe and Keith, Donna and Tonya EVERYBODY should do the "shuffle", It's good for the soul. Que the angels.....

See you from the tower

John

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
Oh. my.  Five pages.  Still not figured out.

As an aside -- why not -- I saw a guy at Bonneville on a PS bike, I guess, getted pretty badly burned BECAUSE his bike contained the oil.  Don't know if he'd rather fallen down or stay with it and burn.  He chose the latter.  I think he'd done both in the past, so maybe he knew.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »
The only thing we have linig both sides of the track is fire ants. Can they be trained to eat up oil spills? No wait- that won't work for me, I need my truck to get home. Maybe I should just get Bozo shoes to go with my Bozo attitude.
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal