Author Topic: Kent Fuller`s Flatliner  (Read 14562 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Kent Fuller`s Flatliner
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2013, 09:05:52 PM »
Glen why would SCTA even consider letting a vehicle that is known to not fit the class make any runs?

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »
  I don't think that any of us old timers wouldn't like to help Kent out but the bottom line is with $200. a night rooms, $4. a gallon fuel and all the related costs, we are the wrong group to hit up.
  Kent has a lot of friends out there besides the LSR community and some of them have big bucks.
  I feel for him but would rather give a hundred bucks to Save the Salt or this site than fund his endeavor.
  I wish him the very best but if it was easy the girl scouts would reign supreme.........................  Bob
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 09:16:53 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2013, 09:41:00 PM »
Glen why would SCTA even consider letting a vehicle that is known to not fit the class make any runs?

John, I don't have a position in SCTA or BNI, but from a lot of past experience and seeing many crashes and cars and motorcycle liners lost in the last 30 years I just see and think it will take a lot of input from the board and how it will be tested. I only wish them good luck and even success after many years of buiding the car. I do know SCTA has looked at the car.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2013, 09:43:06 PM »
Haven't known a Girl Scout for many years, but I guess I can agree with the rest with you (!!!)???)

Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »
We are just about all self funded grass roots racers.  Most are self "underfunded".  I am with John on this one.
Joe

Offline TheFullerKid

• New folks
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »
That's fair, I appreciate the feedback, guys.