Author Topic: Kent Fuller`s Flatliner  (Read 14563 times)

Offline aircap

Re: Kent Fuller`s Flatliner
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 12:09:39 AM »
Holy cow.
"Act your age, not your shoe size". - Prince

Offline Freud

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 04:39:51 PM »
When I saw the car several years ago I didn't give it a chance in this world of ever getting this far.

Now I can see a tussle between the tech inspectors and Kent.

Care to bet on who prevails?

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
White painted cars get lost by the track personel, and drivers with periscopes get lost on the course. This is always an issue and will come up again with this vehicle by the inspectors.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 05:13:21 PM »
+ 1 on the white paint.

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline Tman

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 05:24:24 PM »
Or the new head and neck restraints that were not required when this car was first started.

Offline Tman

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 10:57:02 PM »
Another update on the HAMB, check the link.

Offline TheFullerKid

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »
Hey Guys! My name's Ryan, I'm one of Kent's grandkids, and I'm trying to spread the word on what we're doing to get the streamliner up and running. The car itself is pretty much complete, just needs to be brought up to safety specs to run on the salt, and we're in the process of getting donations to do so. It's Fuller's last car, and once we can get some money, we'll be ready to run. Don't know how much info you guys have seen recently, but I have a link to the Kickstarter page where you can get caught up and if you are so inclined, help us to get the ball rolling. We're excited, and I hope you are too! Message me/reply for details, or check the Facebook page for the latest Fuller Streamliner news.

Get the live feed:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kent-Fuller-Streamliner/347036845407719?fref=ts

Get involved:
http://kck.st/streamliner

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:17 AM »
Ryan,

Tell him to spend your inheritance like the rest have done with their kids and grandkids.

See you on the salt.   :cheers:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »
Ryan,

Tell him to spend your inheritance like the rest have done with their kids and grandkids.

See you on the salt.   :cheers:

Inheritance... ??  Is that what Landspeed racers spend so the kids won't have anything to fight about when they are gone....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline TheFullerKid

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »
Haha well, I can always start another fundraiser to get that back, but I don't think it would be as motivating for people as this.

We, the Fuller Streamliner Press team, are trying to put together an auction to help gain some more funding that way. If anyone is interested, we would love help in the form of related artwork or memorabilia. There's a lot of love going on for Fuller and his work to help this get off the ground and moving, so if any of you know him or would like to get involved, that'd be great!

Offline desotoman

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 02:39:51 PM »
"This project will only be funded if at least $32,900 is pledged by Wednesday May 22, 5:11pm EDT. "

This is posted on your website. It also states that Steven and not Kent is the owner. I thought this car was almost done, so I guess my question is Why do you need so much money? :? :? :?

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »
Methinks racers would be more responsive to resurrecting one of Fuller's beautiful dragsters that he was known for, rather than a land speed car built over the years which, I've been told, didn't comply from the first.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 08:03:11 PM »
So stan are you saying that the car will not pass tech inspection if it is brought to the salt. From what i have seen posted on the car the driving position is an issue and the drivers view out of the car is also a problem.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 08:45:44 PM »
Bingo, not only is the car not legal at this time (from the pictures posted) who else asks for money from fellow land speed racers?  Poor taste for sure.  If there was a great charity or significant cause more would be willing to donate time to work on the car, parts, discounts on parts or perhaps even a few shekels  :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:13 PM »
If they let it run it will be under very restricted conditions and driver training. There have been parascope vehicles 2 & 4 wheels not allowed to run after loosing the course, at El Mirage one got lost on the turn out to the return road. The 120 degree visibility is critical. Seen them all at both venues and when the are wandering all over the salt and no sense of direction it isn't fun to watch. I remember when Kent started building dragstes and they were quality cars and always making changes and upgrades. The compuition between chassis builders in that era was pretty awesome. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah