Author Topic: DLRA Speedweek 2010  (Read 9849 times)

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Re: DLRA Speedweek 2010
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 03:42:01 PM »
Jeez Slim I hope your mortgage is secure...he's talking about a bank...and so he's probably got a direct line to the International finance conspiracy club. LOL

Ah, the other city, 15years?there's a lot of people been here less than that who call themselves Australian....can we depend on you in a rough spot White Monster?...

Now Jim, mate!...the year you were there was the best I've seen it and yeah you could fly over it, as were parts of it on the way in this year and it wasn't as hot as 06...it was rain during the week that threw the Japper amongst the V-Twins...dunno how many people got bogged, and broke things......Anyway Jim when you drove in it was like, 115F, I reckon you were probably nursing a nice cold fizzy drink....

as you were
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 08:12:43 PM »
Dr. G:  We paid off the mortgage a few months ago.  I can sass any banker I want to nowadays!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline White Monster

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 12:55:24 PM »
Jeez Slim I hope your mortgage is secure...he's talking about a bank...and so he's probably got a direct line to the International finance conspiracy club. LOL

Ah, the other city, 15years?there's a lot of people been here less than that who call themselves Australian....can we depend on you in a rough spot White Monster?...

Dr. G ... you are correct, I have very senior contacts at CBA, NAB, ANZ and Westpac.
Jon will need a loan to go racing sometime ....

And don't pull out the "My City is Better Than Yours" card with me.  I love them both and they are decidedly different in culture, geographic location, topography and weather.  I found Melbourne to be more into the arts, music and indoor activities and Sydney to be more outdoor oriented with the beaches and mountains close by.  Both had good wine regions close by too.  Being both an avid Land Speed Racer and Cave diver your location is much closer to the dry lakes and Mount Gambier though.
 :wink:
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 06:00:08 AM »
and not to mention the other extremity to Sydney and Melbourne - Surfers Paradise! Like nowhere else in Australia!

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 04:07:55 PM »
We have had an anxious 24 hours here, a HUGE amount of rain had drowned parts of Queensland and eastern NSW, and drifted through Broken Hill where I am yesterday (north west of lake G) , dumping 3" of wet stuff in 20 hrs (our annual average is 10")
So far, a high has kept the rain heading south, missing the lake G area totally, but there may be some rain sat night and sunday, fine, but possibly windy monday, tuesday looks ok, wednesday is a bit sus, as is thursday,,,,
We will finish packing today,,and leave in about 20 hrs,,I'll post any changes if they happen before we leave for the 9 hour trip.
Tiny (in OZ)
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline sabat

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 05:57:17 PM »
Got my fingers crossed for you guys, good luck & haul ass  :cheers:

Offline Freud

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 06:19:30 PM »
Send the rain to California. They like to cry about it down there.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
And that from a closet Palm Springs condo owner.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »
AIs Freud's condo really that small?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline generatorshovel

• http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=556
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 01:27:56 PM »
I'm leaving to travel to lake G in an hour, there has been no contact available with the DLRA camp as the phone is down,,,it seems there may have been some rain on the lake the last 2 days, but possibly less than 1/5 th inch in total.
Forecast for the week is looking GREAT !
Cya in a week
Tiny :cheers:
Tiny (in OZ)
I would prefer to make horsepower, rather than buy, or hya it, regardless of the difficulties involved , as it would then be MINE

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 07:56:09 AM »
News from DLRA forums.

DLRA 112

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: 2010 - News from Rob Carroll - Lake Gairdner    Reply with quote
I have been asked to post the following news.

Rob has advised the lake was wet over the weekend as some rain had fallen. Surface has not been perfect for racing with some water still on the lake surface after the rain. It was hoped today Tuesday the 9th that some racing may occur early afternoon but only if the weather and salt surface permitted it.

I wish I new how to post this as an anoucement. Confused

I will post more when I know more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject:    Reply with quote
I understand racing got underway at around 4.00pm Tuesday, track quite wet after rain over weekend. Our C Pro HK monaro (Marilyn) , second car to run, managed 205mph so we're a bit happy about that. Hopefully conditions will only improve as the week goes.
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010