Author Topic: check for rollcage compliance  (Read 6808 times)

McRat

Re: check for rollcage compliance
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »
jonny  the 1 1/2 tube is good in G  H  I  J  K  ---the G record is 145 mph---the H record is 116 mph---no I record ---the J record is 116 mph----no k record----seriously how fast do you think a 500 cc diesel is going to run---if he uses the 1 1/2 tube he will be building the chassis for 4 engine sizes up-- where the record is 145 mph still way below the 175 restriction for the 1 1/2 tube--i wasnt trying to talk mean into anything he seams to be an intelligent person and im sure will read everyones opinion and make a good decision--------------------willie buchta

im in the process of building a car just like mean green ( same classes ) and am using the 1 1/2 tube--the vehicle will run in the diesel streamliner class---a sidecar streamliner class and a motorcycle streamliner class

I'm thinking with the right powerplant, you should get 100+ HP out of a 500cc diesel.  How fast will that get you with 6sqft frontal area and a .15 Cd?

Offline willieworld

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
200+  mph       mcrat you are very optimistic you said in another post that you could 4 times the hp of a diesel with a turbo  the 500cc diesels that i have found make 9 hp so thats 36 hp  ---it will still have to run 10 miles to set the record ---36 hp will get you about 155 if you can get the cd down to .17  which will be a feat in itself                                        willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 01:58:21 PM »
Build for 200+ more than one guy has had to re-cage after changing classes after a few years. Not to mention gys tht never thought they would go 300 with a motorcycle engine. throw on a turbo, some fuel, next thing you know, your safety isn't up to spec for the speed.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder