Author Topic: Multiple Drivers, Elmo:  (Read 3991 times)

McRat

Multiple Drivers, Elmo:
« on: January 13, 2010, 02:39:05 AM »
Yes, I read the rules and I'm still confused:

Can two SCTA members run the same car, in the same class, at the same Elmo event, on the same day?

Not concerned about points.  I want to have a friend run the truck in the rookie lane for licensing, then I run the truck for record attempts when my number comes up.

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
Re: Multiple Drivers, Elmo:
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:07:03 AM »
You may want to check the El Mirage Procedures but IIRC, The vehicle is what is entered and holds the Place. So the vehicle would run out of the Rookie Line for the First Round with the New Driver for licensing, and you could/would run the Vehicle in the Second Round in your normal rotation.
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

McRat

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »
Even if both drivers purchase entries?

This is a problem my wife and I ran into at certain dragstrips.  We had to pay 2 entries to share a car, but were only allowed to run once per round.  Like a marriage tax.  In this case, both of us would do our "track support duty", both pay entries, but only run once per round?

Perhaps what I'm supposed to do is have the second driver run Time Only with different numbers?  Can licensing be done from Time Only entries?

The way I see it, if we run 2 people in one car, instead of 2 people in 2 cars, it saves 1 hr or more in tech, and doesn't change the number of passes per round.

Since records and points cannot be generated from the rookie line, it seems to be a logical way to do things.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:22:10 AM by McRat »

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:54:21 AM »
Have the second driver sign the entry form as an alternate driver. No need to purchase two entries.

If it was my deal I would drive first(best available track) and let my alternate run 2nd, 3rd or ? round. As you well know there might not even be a second round.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
Have the second driver sign the entry form as an alternate driver. No need to purchase two entries.

If it was my deal I would drive first(best available track) and let my alternate run 2nd, 3rd or ? round. As you well know there might not even be a second round.

DW

This is our plan for May. Kevin runs out of the 2 line first. Then Ryan runs out of the rookie line to license the rest of the weekend.
No rookie cars only rookie drivers.   8-)
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 12:15:55 PM »
I think DW has the right plan.  You've probably got a pretty low number, Pat, so you might run before the rookies.  Their line is short, but they don't alternate back and forth with the other lines.  Looks to me they're usually held up until the first 25 or 50 run.  (Right? -- anybody?)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline willieworld

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:42 PM »
1 vehicle 1 round 1 run---dan is right    take the first round better track --your start # is 50 --let alternate driver take second round--if the alternate is a rookie  they will have to go to rookie orentation on friday afternoon-------------------willie buchta

event points will go to the vehicle for fastest run ---
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:41:32 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

McRat

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
Thanks! :cheers:

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 04:46:09 PM »
Looks to me they're usually held up until the first 25 or 50 run.  (Right? -- anybody?)

Correct. Nobody runs out of the rookie line until at least the first 25 have run. It's up to the starter.
On the other hand, if you look at your run number you are at the end because everybody with points is ahead of you. From the rookie line you skip to the head.

You still have to wait until all of the first round cars have run before you can make a second run, but you can be one of the first to run in the second round from the rookie line.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.