Author Topic: Class questions  (Read 5604 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Class questions
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »
Once you are in a modified class you no longer have to run the stock engine correct? I have a hell of a powerplant that right now is just under 700cc, I would like to run it in a BGMS class but they only go down to 750cc engine class. How do they create a new class? Is it by demand or some other method?

Thanks agin
You would just run in the 750cc class. It is for engines from 501cc to 750ccs

Rich, that would be J/BGMS- I'm not seeing it, but my current book is with my welder.  Does it exist? Are you thinking I/BGMS - 750-1000?  Can you go smaller?
You are right. There is no 750cc class. Should be. SCCA has one. So now you would have to run in the 1 liter class. Giving up a bunch of CCs.

Offline Dreamweaver

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »
Keep it in GT (Miata?) and you can run a J class.

Calpantera

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 12:45:18 PM »
From reply #4
"When you recieve your rulebook you will see that there is no J engine break in the Modified Sports classes, so you can save that exercise."

Sometimes building to max. displacement does not yield max. performance. I think some research into bore/stroke combinations would help.

DW

Yes I understand that, it's all about testing at that point. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:54:44 PM by Calpantera »

Calpantera

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 12:54:20 PM »
Keep it in GT (Miata?) and you can run a J class.

GT is a production class right? Meaning I would have to keep a production engine in the car.
Is there a modified GT class?
Our team has dominated other types of racing using Miatas with Miata engines and we have another power plant that is not a Mazda engine (the 700cc motor) that has also been VERY succesful in road racing and drag racing applications. Would the GT class allow us to run a non Mazda motor in a Miata?

Thanks again guys, this forum is great. I think it shows how much the LSR community is willing to help one another. No one has told me "Go read the rule book ya weenie" yet  :)

Offline dw230

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 12:54:42 PM »
Calpantera,

See PMs.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline dw230

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 12:56:50 PM »
If the special engine is not Miata based you cannot use it in GT class. An engine swap, using an engine other than OEM, will put you into Modified Sports class if you are using a sports car.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth