Author Topic: Where in the world...  (Read 9490 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Where in the world...
« on: January 11, 2010, 01:55:50 PM »
have Todd & Debbie been hiding? Ok, some of you are probably happy we got lost... hehehe... but we're just about back to normal & back in circulation.

We had an unexpected, unplanned for home relocation. Nothing negative here, it turns out our local "dream house" that we've stalked for the last 4 years suddenly came available to us! It had been on the market for some time but extremely overpriced. So, we just continued to drive on by hoping that someday... Well, as luck turns out, rather then sell they decided to put it up for rent and that WAS in our price range! Better yet, why not give it a test drive to see if we really like it before laying out all that money on a home purchase! So, as quick as the "for rent" sign went up, I was all over that Realtor like bees on honey! Well the stalking paid off and they chose us as their renters! Ironically after we signed the paper & met the owners son, it turns out he's a past customer of ours! The house was built in 1971 by a builder as his own home so it's very well built as you might expect! It's got all the charm of a 1970's built house but that also makes it fun! Well this all occurred in the month of November so we basically had 2 weeks to pack our tons of junk & relocate! I'm just about done unpacking the last room that needs unpacked & set up. Then comes the hanging of pictures and last is the long term project of the office & the paperwork! Bleck! At least I now have a dedicated office! Oh yeah, and speaking of office, we moved the office from the shop to the home and rebuilt the office room at the shop into an engine build room so yeah, there was that moving, cleaning building as well!

So, here's a bit of the house & I'm sure you can figure why we were stalking it! We were all crammed in a 3 floor 3 bedroom townhouse with our bike overflow at the shop!

Front of house

Garage end of house

Back of house

2 car attached garage

Left bay of 3 car detached garage (Latest vehicle additions; Todd's lawn tractor & Deb's car)

Retro kitchen  :-D

Upstairs living room

Downstairs rec room

Workout room

My awesome in-laws sold me their rockin sportscar, that we picked up this weekend,  since they upgraded to a Chevy SSR.

So that's that. We're tired, we're broke, we're just about done & ready to get on with life and get back to business.  :-D

With all that being said... if you've sent us an email, pm, txt, phone message & you didn't get a response, I apologize and hope you understand that we crammed a whole lot of stuff into a short period of time. We've got a couple responses pending from this past week that we'll try to get out quickly. Beyond that, if you still need an answer contact us again because we're getting back to normal & back in circulation!

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays!
Debbie & Todd
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Where in the world...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:13:20 PM »
Man-o-man, that house is so big that the weather in front is different from what's on the side (by the garage).  Do you live part in the far north, part in the sub-tropics?

Nice house -- gotta find an excuse to visit you.  For that matter, though, you still oughta come up and visit us.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 02:25:08 PM »
Deb & Todd.
I am so happy for you, what a great home. Sure hope you can get the option to buy it. Have a great year, go fast and safe.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline desotoman

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »
Debbie and Todd,

Great house. I am happy for you. Enjoy.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »
Congratulations Todd & Deb, I am so happy for you. And yes I/we have missed you guys. Welcome back

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:15:28 PM »
Nice house.  However, if you're anything like me, within a year it will be overflowing with "stuff".  :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
Especially the garages!! :-D

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »
There is actually some room in the shop for customers bikes now.  :) 

You should have seen the move. 

Here is a picture of Deb in the back of my truck on moving day.

Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 07:16:33 PM »
Your house and garage will probably never be this clean and organized again!!  Congratulations, welcome back, and sure did miss you guys!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline racer x

• Dark Horse Racing 10-B
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »
SUPER CONGRADULATIONS .That is truly at dream house.  :cheers:
Thank you to all the volunteers

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »
After seeing Todd's shop I think the garage would always be like this.  His shop is cluttered but VERY CLEAN and ORGANIZED!  My wife is not allowed to see this thread. 
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

LittleLiner

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »
Dee and I are available for adoption.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »
That is a big garage.  You could live in it and keep the bikes in the house.  There is space for a lot of them in there. 

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 10:53:00 PM »
Welcome back kids, glad to see you are alive and well, and living in new digs.  Tell Todd not to wade that deep into the snow, love his red coat.  :roll:
Great little Roadster, Linda has a dark grey one, 3.0 and stick.  Only drives it when she can put the top down and the music up.  Little thing drives like its on rails...
Love the new house, nice garages.....
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Geo

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:35:05 PM »
Good to hear from you two.  Nice place!  How about a sublet on the North 40?

Geo