Author Topic: NASCAR class  (Read 15482 times)

Offline DanC

• New folks
NASCAR class
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »
From time to time there are pre-COT rollers for sale. Aside from engine size, what would be a logical class to consider for these cars?

McRat

Re: NASCAR class
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:24:07 PM »
This should get interesting...

Brace yourself my friend. :cheers:

Offline desotoman

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
None that I know of, well maybe streamliner if no production body panels were used.  If not it would run for Time Only if you passed tech.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:29:21 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »
From time to time there are pre-COT rollers for sale. Aside from engine size, what would be a logical class to consider for these cars?

Stick a Diesel engine in one and you and Pat can race each other :wink:    :-D

J

McRat

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 04:05:35 PM »

Stick a Diesel engine in one and you and Pat can race each other :wink:    :-D

J

Thought about a Craftsman Truck with diesel power.  I'm just worried that it might turn left unexpectedly. :|

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »
Hmm,, you may have opened up a can of worms from the West Coast crowd..

ECTA / Maxton  has a circle track class ( easy to figure out why )

Other than that and possibly LTA,, not sure those type cars get much good press around LSR folks.

Charles
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline DanC

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Better to ask the experts than make an expensive mistake.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 07:31:48 PM »
There is no class for nascar......notice I did NOT capitalize the letters?!   :-D  :roll:

This could be a very interesting thread!  Just remember fellas...you can't get too persnickity..you don't have time, racing is coming in a couple months!!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
Lynda, correct spelling is "pernickety" -- there's no "s" in that word.  Really -- look it up if you don't believe me.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »
Nascar vehicles have been discussed in the past. you can do a search in the archives and find it.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »
Nascar vehicles have been discussed in the past. you can do a search in the archives and find it.

at length, with passion, from all sides.  If Jon was less persnickerery (prone to eat Snickers) he would probably put nascar into the word filter and change it to roundyround...  :roll:  and he would know smell check says there's an s

Kent, got any Skittles
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Old Gringo

• I only drive with the motor not running.
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 09:24:15 PM »
Lynda, correct spelling is "pernickety" -- there's no "s" in that word.  Really -- look it up if you don't believe me.

Things have changed, both are correct. I like you both so don't scold the messenger.
        • pernickety •
Printable Version Pronunciation: pêr-nik-i-ti • Hear it!
Part of Speech: Adjective
Meaning: [Slangy] 1. (US) Fussy or exacting about details, fastidious, 2. (UK) Snobbish, supercilious, pretentious.
Notes: No, it isn't a typo; the original word was pernickety without the S. The S crept in later in the US but is spreading to other dialects of English around the world. The noun referring to the quality of a pernickety person is pernicketiness and the seldom used adverb is pernicketily. Feel free to include or omit the S.
In Play: If you are pernickety about your speech, you will probably want to use the S-less version of today's word: "Never help Gilda Lilly set the table. She is so pernickety about where every piece goes, she will drive you insane." If you prefer to talk like everyone else, you can cave in and include the S: "June McBride is so persnickety about her clothes, she changes them two or three times a day."
Word History: No one knows where today's Good Word comes from. It is clear that pernickety was first published in 1802 and preceded persnickety, which first appeared in print in 1892. This means that we are free to speculate on its origin until someone unearths real evidence. It may be a whimsical creation that caught our imaginations and stuck, like stick-to-itiveness. It might have originally been an accidental blend, a speech error in which we search for a word in memory, come up with two having the same or complementary meanings, and "blend" them together in speaking. That is the origin of smog, a blend of smoke and fog. Pernickety could have been a three-way blend of particular, niggling, and finicky. However, keep in mind that this is all blind speculation for those who are not pernickety about their etymology.
Ex Hound Dog Crew Chief. Retired Xeroid.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 10:18:08 PM »
Dam .....Old Gringo is an English Teacher  :cheers:  or the Moderator of the National Spelling Bee .. :cheers:
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline Geo

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 10:27:34 PM »
Well there is a connection I did not expect.  I just spent the last two hours on Merriam-Webster Spell It practicing with my daughter.  The Spelling Bee is in two weeks.  I never thought I would slide into word definitions and etymology directly.

Linda, always good to hear from you now matter how you spell.

Because I'm off subject... Thinking of you warm Southwest folks.  We are going for the zero record here.

Geo

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 11:18:37 PM »
Interesting that.  Collins shows it as "pernickity" while Mirriam-Webster shows it as "persnickity".   So I guess its a case of pay your money and take your choice.  Leaves you to wonder if its persimmons or pernimmons?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.