Author Topic: 34 Ford Grille Assembly  (Read 2824 times)

Offline iskipnw

• New folks
34 Ford Grille Assembly
« on: January 03, 2010, 12:56:27 PM »
I am new to this forum and I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here it goes.  Has anyone built a 3D CAD model of the 34 Ford Grille Assembly?  The street roadster class (STR) allows for sectioning or bobbing of the grill as long as 530 sq in of frontal area is retained, and the width is not altered.  Since this is a complex shape I thought I would ask.  Also any suggestions on easy methods of calculating this would be appreciated.
Ken

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: 34 Ford Grille Assembly
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 01:58:02 PM »
AA/ & A/STR record holder:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
iskipnw,

The laid back grill shell would be good if used on a '33/'34 Roadster but would not be legal on any eariler body style because of the rule in STR that the hood/side panels can be lengthened by 3" but must be the same configuration, i.e. a '27 - '32 with a vertical grill shell would require a hood and side panels to be the same length at the top and bottom. Sure would look COOL on a '27.

Now Modified Roadster would be a whole different story.

Tom

Offline jl222

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:09:30 PM »
I am new to this forum and I am not sure this is the correct place to post this, but here it goes.  Has anyone built a 3D CAD model of the 34 Ford Grille Assembly?  The street roadster class (STR) allows for sectioning or bobbing of the grill as long as 530 sq in of frontal area is retained, and the width is not altered.  Since this is a complex shape I thought I would ask.  Also any suggestions on easy methods of calculating this would be appreciated.

How about laying out 1 inch squares on paper or cardboard, drawing the shape and counting the sqs and partial sqs?

JL222

Offline iskipnw

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 12:19:57 AM »
I am trying two methods.  One is to draw an outline of the grille on engineering paper and counting squares.  My second option is to take a picture using a high resolution camera and trace the outline using CAD software.  Then use pixel counting software to determine what is inside the outline.

I will let you know if the two methods correlate. 
Ken