Author Topic: Vintage clarification question.  (Read 3406 times)

Offline johnneilson

Vintage clarification question.
« on: January 01, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »
Before you ask, I have only the '09 rule book. Which doesn't answer this question;
I read somewhere that the Vintage 4 cars MAY eventually have a NA and Supercharged split in the rules.
Is there any news on this? Or, who to contact?

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

John
As Carroll Smith wrote; All Failures are Human in Origin.

Offline willieworld

Re: Vintage clarification question.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 09:56:50 PM »
go to the   www.scta-bni.org   site click on rules and regs then click on rule changes---add that to your 09 book                                    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 01:15:22 AM »
If you read the book more closely you will see that V4 and V4/B are two separate and distinct classes now. At the time the '09 book was printed there had not yet any Blown V4 records set at Bonneville. However if you turn to the El Mirage section you will see that Harlod Johanson has set records in both Fuel and Gas Blown V4 roadster. So you have found your open record. I'm looking at them too.

Offline dw230

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:10:28 PM »
NA and blown classes currently exists in the rulebook as Rich mentioned. If no record is listed that indicates that the class is open and the fruit hangs low on the branch.

If you look at the body class you are interested in at the bottom of the description there is a list of allowed engine classes. Section 1.F states that if no record is listed then it is an open record at Bonneville(zero MPH). Two consecutive runs will get you the record.

El Mirage is slightly different in that there are published minimums for open records. These minimums can be found in the current revision of the El Mirage Procedures manual found on the SCTA website, www.scta-bni.org. Look for El Mirage on the left side, click on Procedure manual and scroll to the bottom.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline GH

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »
I've been known to pick the fruit that hangs on the lower branches.....

Offline RichFox

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 04:19:46 PM »
And I failed to mention Bonneville records in Blown Fuel and Gas Lakester by Creel-Miller and Sons abd Blown Streamliner records by the Bean Bandits and Shugg Hanchard. Still lots of room to play.