Author Topic: The Official Tube Bending Thread  (Read 12444 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: The Official Tube Bending Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 01:33:03 PM »
BTW,
My company applies a textured carbide coating to tube bending dies that stops the slippage that usually occurs during the initial bending process. This gives a more accurate bend placement and sometimes stops the breakage problem that occured in the above mentioned pic. I can't answer how or why. This is just the reports that I get back from customers. We do a lot of work for guys that bend a lot of chromoly as it tends to have more slippage problems. We also coat a lot of mandrel style bending dies.
I don't want this to sound like an advertisement so I'll stop now. Bottom line is that if you are having any slippage issues, we can usually help.

Rob
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline BAILEIGH INC

• New folks
    • Baileigh
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 02:15:35 PM »
BTW,
My company applies a textured carbide coating to tube bending dies that stops the slippage that usually occurs during the initial bending process. This gives a more accurate bend placement and sometimes stops the breakage problem that occured in the above mentioned pic. I can't answer how or why. This is just the reports that I get back from customers. We do a lot of work for guys that bend a lot of chromoly as it tends to have more slippage problems. We also coat a lot of mandrel style bending dies.
I don't want this to sound like an advertisement so I'll stop now. Bottom line is that if you are having any slippage issues, we can usually help.

Rob

Pm sent
Shane Henderson
Baileigh Industrial Inc.
shenderson@bii1.com
www.bii1.com
920-684-4990

Click Here For Quality Metal
Fabrication Equipment From BAILEIGH  www.bii1.com

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 12:29:18 PM »
Just an unsolicited nod because one is due....
I bought a Baileigh RDB 50 from Shane about a year ago...very nice 3 speed manual bender, great service. :cheers:

Offline 57 ranchwagon

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 11:46:55 PM »
I have to agree while I don't have alot of tube bending experience I'm very pleased with my RDB-50. I have bent a total of about 8 bars now and only messed up one(totally operator error). That's not to bad considering the lack of talent by the operator.

Offline BAILEIGH INC

• New folks
    • Baileigh
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 09:38:35 AM »
I have to agree while I don't have alot of tube bending experience I'm very pleased with my RDB-50. I have bent a total of about 8 bars now and only messed up one(totally operator error). That's not to bad considering the lack of talent by the operator.

What are you building?
Shane Henderson
Baileigh Industrial Inc.
shenderson@bii1.com
www.bii1.com
920-684-4990

Offline 57 ranchwagon

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
I am building a 55 ford to run in production class. I will run mostly at Maxton NC. The plan is to work out some bugs this year and head out west to the salt in 2011. We won't be very competitive in terms of our class record but, I think it will still be impressive to see what we can run with factory block and heads that are over 50 year old. I have been very happy with my bender it make other manual bender I have used look like toys. I have a build diary on here and this is a link to my photobucket account. Thanks Sam

http://s759.photobucket.com/home/slg1992002

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »
Okay -- I need a helper.  We're in the process of sourcing parts for a new exhaust system for my pickup -- and the missing piece now is an elbow in 4" tube.  No, I don't have the dimensions -- but will as soon as I visit the shop.  Anybody got some pipe that'll work for my exhaust?  Thanks in advance.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bak189

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 02:47:45 PM »
Slim, try SPD Specialty Products at 1-888-778-3312 or specpro@msn.com they are located at 11252
Sunco Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA, 95742.........Tube forming from 1.00" to 5.00" OD or beyond if needed.
UPS no problem....fast service
Question authority.....always

Offline jl222

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
Okay -- I need a helper.  We're in the process of sourcing parts for a new exhaust system for my pickup -- and the missing piece now is an elbow in 4" tube.  No, I don't have the dimensions -- but will as soon as I visit the shop.  Anybody got some pipe that'll work for my exhaust?  Thanks in advance.

Slim...try stainlessheaders.com there in Barnsville MN, I just bought my header flanges from them and I just checked there site and they have 4in u bends, they might be closed on monday's though as they just went to 4...10 hr days.

JL222

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2010, 10:40:45 PM »
   Slim,
  Any truck supply place can supply you with inexpensive/low cost bends. In Billings, I use Galles Filters. They have any number of smooth mandrel bends. They also have the nice band clamps for hoses, and v-clamps for turbo use. All high quality stuff.
Doug :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline BAILEIGH INC

• New folks
    • Baileigh
Shane Henderson
Baileigh Industrial Inc.
shenderson@bii1.com
www.bii1.com
920-684-4990

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 08:32:58 PM »
I'm trying SPD Specialty Products.  I'll let you know how well they take care of my request.  All this hassle for what'll probably be a minimal gain -- but what the heck, no one can live with a factory stock exhaust, right?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com