Author Topic: Factory hotrod Cadillac  (Read 2640 times)

McRat

Factory hotrod Cadillac
« on: December 27, 2009, 11:15:55 AM »
We ran Kat's Cadillac CTS-V yesterday at Sacramento Dragstrip.  Track was pretty slippery and we ran the original factory tires, so it would not hook in 1st, 2nd, or third.  But it still ran a very respectable 12.36 @ 117.3.  With a better prepped track, or a tire swap, it certainly would be well into the 11's stock.

Certainly the fastest Cadillac of all time, and perhaps the fastest 4 door production sedan.

Offline RICK

Re: Factory hotrod Cadillac
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 12:45:55 PM »
I'm not that good with the computer that I can post the link,,,,but,,,, Hennessey  has some utube post out there where the Caddy launches so hard that on-star calls to make sure every thing is OK. Because of an G-force event. Its impressive.

Rick
It's not over, it's just harder.

McRat

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 06:44:26 PM »
Naw, no OnStar calls on ours, but we were on factory tires, and still bone stock.  With some good DR's, I imagine it might set off an "event".  It would see what appeared to be a rear collision I suppose.  It kind of feels like you got rear-ended when the tires hook.

Now to find some tires and "tweak" it a little.  :evil:

It's pretty rare to see a family of four arrive at the dragstrip, unload the suitcases and kids, then Mom puts on a helmet and pulls the family car into lanes. :-D

McRat

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »
Finally got a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VhK_20zhIM

That was Kat's Christmas present, going to the dragstrip Dec 26.  Other years she has gotten race tires, ported heads, etc.  I have lousy taste in jewelry, so it works out for both of us.

I'm a bit ticked-off though, Motor Trend got identical numbers out of the car, I normally out-drive them.  :evil:

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 07:57:14 PM »
 :cheers: :cheers:
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 11:17:29 PM »
 :-D :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!