Author Topic: honda ct70 record  (Read 3823 times)

Offline chuckklr04

• New folks
honda ct70 record
« on: December 18, 2009, 08:32:24 PM »
Can anybody tell me what the class and current record is for an ct70 with aftermarket engine 175cc?

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
Re: honda ct70 record
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 09:33:04 PM »
Chuck,
The best thing to do is to read the rule book for BUB and decide on your frame class in the 175cc displacement section. You can read the records in the back of the rule book here:
http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/2009_event/AMA-BonSR%27s-2009-v6.pdf. You may be in the M-AG class and the record is about 106mph. Is that a pushrod engine? If so, there is no current record.

Don

550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:49:22 PM »

chuckklr04,

There is not a CT70 record to go after, just a class record.  Better off to find a lower open minimum bike record to go after if all you want is a record cert..?  I had a great running 49cc bike that ran over 63mph and then some woman named Kathy killed my dream of a record in the class.. :|

Like another fast racer said, "I'm going after the lower hanging fruit"

John

PS, he then went pretty fast... :cheers:

Offline Flyboy

• Graduate National Test Pilots School,
    • http://WWW.SKYDANCERLE.COM
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »

chuckklr04,

There is not a CT70 record to go after, just a class record.  Better off to find a lower open minimum bike record to go after if all you want is a record cert..?  I had a great running 49cc bike that ran over 63mph and then some woman named Kathy killed my dream of a record in the class.. :|

John

John,

Losing your cell phone... women beating you up... John when will you get a grip on your life? Please get it together for 2010. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Bill
One Fast ZX-14
Three World and Four AMA Land Speed Records
One Fast Cessna Turbo 210

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 02:40:17 AM »

chuckklr04,

John

John,

Losing your cell phone... women beating you up... John when will you get a grip on your life? Please get it together for 2010. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Bill
Bill,

Hmmm you write the strangest things..

MC2Uaswell..

J