Author Topic: 1000 mph Race - Bloodhound SSC vs. Eurofighter Typhoon  (Read 9598 times)

Offline White Monster

1000 mph Race - Bloodhound SSC vs. Eurofighter Typhoon
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:55:11 AM »
I've posted this link on some other sites, but for those that have not seen it yet, below is an animated video that may interest you.

Britain's Absolute Land Speed Record car, races a Eurofighter Typhoon rated at Mach 1.2+ (classified top speed).  A great promotional item.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
 :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3mAPc9NcC4&feature=player_embedded

This file may be infected - Sparky has advised me that when he went to open this file, his AVG anti-virius stopped him and warned that a Trojan was present, so you may not want to open the file unless you have Anti-Virus software installed on your computer.  I use Norton and have had no problems or warnings.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 11:13:17 AM by White Monster »
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline jimmy six

Re: 1000 mph Race - Bloodhound SSC vs. Eurofighter Typhoon
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »
Nice CAR-toon :-D
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 11:13:33 PM »
Why in the hell is Lockheed-Martin and STP sponsoring the British team? We (NAE) tried getting sponsorship from STP and they told me it didn't fit their marketing plans. Lockheed-Martin couldn't be bothered. Maybe we'll have to go to some Muslim country to get sponsored!
Ed

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 12:33:02 AM »
I've posted this link on some other sites, but for those that have not seen it yet, below is an animated video that may interest you.

Britain's Absolute Land Speed Record car, races a Eurofighter Typhoon rated at Mach 1.2+ (classified top speed).  A great promotional item.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
 :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3mAPc9NcC4&feature=player_embedded
  This file link may be infected

Thanks for sharing the link.....Lots of good marketing minds working on this project and they're good at their jobs.

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Robin UK

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:13 AM »
Why in the hell is Lockheed-Martin and STP sponsoring the British team? We (NAE) tried getting sponsorship from STP and they told me it didn't fit their marketing plans. Lockheed-Martin couldn't be bothered. Maybe we'll have to go to some Muslim country to get sponsored!

Ed,

I suspect because although US in origin, LM are a global corporation with a requirement to sell via close links with organisations in many geographies outside the US. As the weblink shows, LM-UK is a company in its own right even though it is part of the overall LM group.

http://www.lockheedmartin.co.uk/aboutus/aboutus.html

As for STP, they told you the truth as I read it. They have been absent from Europe for some time and need to re-establish themselves as a brand in Europe. As the last post said, it's all about the market and what the support of a project can bring to their campaigns. I can understand your angst, but that's the way global corporations of whatever nationality view things these days.

Cheers

Robin

Robin UK

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »

This file may be infected - Sparky has advised me that when he went to open this file, his AVG anti-virius stopped him and warned that a Trojan was present, so you may not want to open the file unless you have Anti-Virus software installed on your computer.  I use Norton and have had no problems or warnings.

No problems for me either. You can get at it directly via the BSSC website.

Cheers

Robin