Author Topic: Mea culpa  (Read 3972 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Mea culpa
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:24:17 AM »
It has been brought to my attention that my post re; "Tubing bender mounting" in the Tech forum has un- needed racist overtones. To anyone who took offense, I am truely sorry. I meant no harm or insult to anyone. I myself, happen to be the product of a long line of white trash/losers and ne`er-do wells.  Hope this can be put to rest. Thank You. Jerry "floydjer" Berry P.S. For those w/ time to kill...My great-great grandfather, James Berry was a henchman of some fame before a some what unfortunate hanging mishap. A google search can fill you in on the whole, ugly mess.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline bvillercr

Re: Mea culpa
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
Most big cities have that part of town that no one wants to visit, or when they do they are more focused on their surroundings. :-D

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
I guarantee  there are parts of Phoenix where several of my suppliers are located that I do not go anymore unless I am PACKING!! Much like when I was a kid growing up-- just didnt go several place on the ranch without packing. One never knows where vermin may be lurking in ambush.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

McRat

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 12:23:59 PM »
Phoenix is now the kidnapping / home-invasion capital of the US, with ~1 per day.  Only Mexico City has a higher rate.  There is a TV special on National Geographic channel this week.  It's ethnic and drug related. 

I love Phoenix, but if anyone doesn't think drugs or illegal immigration is not a serious security threat to Americans, they need to watch that special.  Juarez? is the Mexican border town that feeds the Phoenix connection, and they have 4 murders a day, and have 10,000 Mexican Army soldiers trying to stop it with no effect.  It's more dangerous than Baghdad.  And it's migrating north.

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 02:22:44 PM »
 :?
Floydjer,

Isn't it sad that we have to be so politically correct now days....I don't see how any one individual could have taken offense to your comments.

Truth is there are BAD parts of every town and it's the BAD people in those parts of town that make the area BAD. Granted not all people in the questionable areas are bad and I'm sure those people would like to make the area a better place to live or have the opportunity to move to a better area.

When my best Friend was alive he and his family lived in Compton California. I spent a lot time in that area and never felt comfortable or secure. It was a bad area and bad things happened for no apparent rhyme or reason.

In the '50s I lived in Phoenix on W.Van Buran near N.15th Ave. A great place to grow up, at the time.  I went back a few years ago just to look a the old house. I drove passed a group of young boys walking down the street and one of them raised up his arm and pointed his index finger at me like he was holding a gun...then he pretended to fire the gun. I was glad it was daylight and I was glad I was in the car!!!

I don't think you owe anyone an apology!!!

Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

HotRodV8

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 03:36:39 PM »
Floydjer - -

I just completed a 37 year career in one of the ten largest public school systems in this nation. I had many experiences as a classroom teacher, school Principal and as a high-level administrator.

Your post is the farthest stretch I ever heard of indicating any overtones.

Of all the variety of committees I have sat on, it is my belief if your post was presented as having overtones, the committee would have ruled:  unfounded.

Bill

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »
did someone remove a post that I missed  :?  If the bad part of town has racial overtones it must be in the mind of the beer holder...  I grew up in the bad part of town, but race had nothing to do with it, economics did.  Someone needs to get a life....
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline stratman59

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 06:56:50 PM »
SS1,

I agree   :cheers:

Robbie

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »
Folks:

I think it was me that got Jerry going -- and while I did PM him about what he had said -- what I said to him was kept "private" because I went a bit over the top as far as being PC is.  That is -- I made some ethnically-based humor.  I tried then -- and since then -- to let him know I wasn't trying to censor him in any way.

If it all started because of me, Jerry -- hey, no.  PS  Thanks for the card and the photo.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 10:36:37 PM »
4 feet of fresh snow can tilt your PC scale....  :|  wait a minute Slim, you don't have a PC, you're an Apple guy  :roll:  
Hijack... got the shirts, they are perfect, thanks N and J.  OK back to your regularly scheduled apology...  :-D
 :cheers:

added... Jerry, I wanted to wait for Friday for that one too
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:38:26 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O