Author Topic: Rain at elmo??  (Read 445544 times)

Offline jl222

Re: Tiny, rain at elmo??
« Reply #195 on: January 25, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
JL, every year they try to get on the lake when wet and screw it up, ask Calloway or Tiny

Try?

JL222

efenn611

« Reply #196 on: January 25, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »
hey,I was out there with our mud patrol(HDR) sunday, and at least 1 ranger, and there was NO ONE gettin' near the lakebed.      ED

Offline jl222

« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2011, 02:01:47 AM »
hey,I was out there with our mud patrol(HDR) sunday, and at least 1 ranger, and there was NO ONE gettin' near the lakebed.      ED

How could they?

JL222

Offline jdincau

« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2011, 07:25:11 AM »
JL222,
      I think only the lakebed itself is closed to use when it is wet. The rest of the place is open and accessable.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
How do you get around, over, under, past this?

Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Papi

« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2011, 12:33:22 PM »
Stupid question, but what is the maximum depth of water when it peaks during rain?
Anyone know?

Steve "Papi" Chappell, SCTA-BNI #2230 to 2239
Dirty 2 Club Member, Mojave Mile 2 Club Member
San Diego Roadster Club

Offline jl222

« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2011, 02:33:45 PM »
JL222,
      I think only the lakebed itself is closed to use when it is wet. The rest of the place is open and accessable.

I  know they don't close the the whole desert, but the environmentalist have closed a lot.
    Dean's foto shows my question :-D

JL222

Offline jdincau

« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2011, 02:40:41 PM »
One, the gate is open you just drive in and obey the signs warning you not to go onto the lake bed if it is wet.
Two, the fence does not yet enclose the whole property.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline jl222

« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2011, 04:03:43 PM »
One, the gate is open you just drive in and obey the signs warning you not to go onto the lake bed if it is wet.
Two, the fence does not yet enclose the whole property.

Now I know the rest of the story. were isn't the fence?

JL222

Offline TINY

« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »
Way back up in shadow Mountains.Down here at our end so far nobody has got close .When it will be bad is weekend nights after most water has gone away.

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #205 on: February 13, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »
 OK,did Mud Patrol Saturday. Lake still has ALOT of water on it. Our racecourse is still submerged all the way from about access rd #3 all the way to Calloways. Its starting to recede from the north and south shores.
 Didn't see anybody near the water,but several vehicles were running along the edges. I called the BLM comm center and was told there were no LEOs in the area. Apperantly there was a big rock crawling event near Lucerne and they were all over there. So basically,my time was wasted. At least from my position (MM#3/access rd.#9) I saw no incursions of the lakebed. When I left,I found the gate wide open.
 On top of that,I helped a hispanic guy get his UNREGISTERED Chinese quad running. His group had a total of 6 people(Two adult males,two teenage males and a boy and a girl in the 8-10  age range riding quads that were WAAAY too big for them). 4 of the quads were Chinese and were displaying no Green Stickers and the two Japanese quads the teenagers were riding had stickers that were 4 years outta date. I commented that the younger kids were on quads too big for them and the reply as "its OK,hes been riding since he was 2". They also made comment about having been hassled at other parks,so thats why they come to El Mirage.
 Its nice to see that the hundreds of thousand of tax dollars spent on a visitors center and that the personnel are doing such a great job of enforcing the rules on everybody else like they do on us. I feel all warm and fuzzy to know that the portion of the 1/3rd of my paycheck that I 'voluntarily' give the government every month is being used SO efficiently along with the time I spent there trying to protect the lakebed with no LEO backup.

Gotta love that bureacratic efficiency :roll:
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!

Offline jl222

« Reply #206 on: February 13, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »

Rifleman...Bvillercr was there friday, not sure on time, but gate was shut. Do you drive thru gate to come in and was there a ranger there to take fees?

Whats a LEO?

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
I stopped by El Mirage on Friday about 11am and drove past the first and second entrances and then turned around before the dirt road.  Both gates were shut at that time, not sure if there are more gates elsewhere?  No rangers where in site at that time and a few trailers with quads and bikes were coming in. :cheers:

Offline salt27

« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »

Whats a LEO?

Law enforcement officer?

Offline RIFLEMAN

« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »

Rifleman...Bvillercr was there friday, not sure on time, but gate was shut. Do you drive thru gate to come in and was there a ranger there to take fees?

Whats a LEO?

The gate I speak of is the one east of the main road on Colusa. It is closed with nothing more than a bungy cord. A LEO is a Law Enforcement Officer I.e. a ranger. When we do mud patrol we are nothing more than underglorified security guards whose duty is to observe and report. Problem is there was NO ONE to report to.
I'll keep my FREEDOM,myGUNS and my MONEY. YOU can keep the CHANGE!