Author Topic: Rain at elmo??  (Read 447091 times)

Offline bvillercr

Re: Tiny, rain at elmo??
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
Its been a long time simce I was a rookie, thanks for letting me know how it really works.  My mistake. :-P

Offline desotoman

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2010, 10:41:37 PM »
How many car on avg start in the rookie line?

From my observations, the May meet the last few years seemed to attract the most Rookie Drivers/Riders of any meet, except for maybe the November meet. They don't start taking people from the rookie line until after the first 25 numbered cars have run, then the starter will take them at random and let them make a pass. You can get back in line, but will not be able to make a next pass until all cars have made their first run. I have seen two day meets called the first day just after a couple hours of running due to wind, then the next day run all day long, and vise versa. 

Just remember you are dealing with Mother Nature, and if you are luck you might get 4 runs, and if she is cranky you might not get any. It is the desert and the weather can change in a heartbeat.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline RX7Paula

• New folks
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2010, 10:26:05 PM »
From the Mayor (George Callaway) this morning:

The wind is doing its JOB, over the weekend, the wind blew out of the west & the "standing" water was moved completely out of sight (to the east).  This morning, I have "Lake front property" again. We had gotten little or NO rain out of these last storms. As long as it stays cool, there will be less loss. The water seems to be all down on the west end, sure hope the BLM is/are doing their job & keeping the people off the dry spots on the east end.
Paula Burns

Offline TINY

« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »
The BLM & Hi Desert Racers are doing a great job.Have not seen anyone at this end on lakebed.It is looking good out there.

Offline DSR88

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »
Been out of town for the last week,Thanks for the info.It has been 20 years sence I have been out there.I remember what it was like then but I know things change.I am looking forward to getting back on the dirt.One think I know is about rolling the dice with the weather you never know.
                                                                           Thanks 

Offline jl222

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2010, 02:11:03 PM »
just checked the weather service and it looks like Elmo got an inch of rain in the last 6 hours. :cheers:

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=sgx&sid=EMRC1&num=48

Just getting this web page on this page so anyone can check current weather info .15 so far today.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
www.scta-bni.org  on this web site click on the index on the left side of the home page to El Mirage,scroll down to weather. It's current 24-7 for the dry lake and area around it.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline TINY

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2010, 12:28:20 AM »
The wind blew water to east end on friday.Saturday had nice rainfall and lake is real wet.BLM & Hi Desert racers mud patrol doing good job keeping people off wet lake.

Offline jl222

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2010, 11:45:31 PM »

Its raining .18 in the last 2 hrs at 8:17

JL222

Offline TINY

« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »
Update at El Mirage.We had wind thrusday blowing water to east,it worked its way back & Saturday afternoon & evening we had rain for 6hrs.  now its drying up & with sun shining its looks smooth as glass.Thanks to High Desert Racers mud patrol & BLM keeping gates locked there has not been anyone on lakebed. Tiny at SCTA property El Mirage :cheers:

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2010, 03:42:13 PM »
Got a note from George Calloway regarding the lake bed. There is still some water in one area. The lake is still closed until this week end.That of course depends on more rain. Geo said it looks good in general but a little more rain will help with the cure. It's getting close to the first meet. George and Tiny will keep us posted.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline mkilger

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
get any more rain today??  the news said snow in meth ville about 4pm sorry Hi desert.

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2010, 01:28:05 AM »
No rain today according to the weather station.  Maybe tomorrow. :cheers:

Offline TINY

« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »
No rain just sun & wind hope for some Sunday

Offline mkilger

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2010, 01:24:26 PM »
Tiny, did you get any rain buddy missed you at the meeting Tue night. :roll: