Author Topic: Rain at elmo??  (Read 446806 times)

Offline TINY

Re: Tiny, rain at elmo??
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 11:49:26 AM »
Wind moved water toward the East yesterday and now has moved it back to this end

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 04:48:22 PM »
That's is exactly how the surface cures itself. We need it to move and dry; then do it again........
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2010, 11:58:48 PM »
El Mirage is getting some rain today as well, so far about .36.  So my question is how much is too much?  Should we start praying for sun and wind in the desert?  :?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2010, 07:07:02 PM »
We bought some paddle tires for the two-day May meet.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

McRat

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »
Well, I'm doing my part to assist global warming ... 

Tech question:  If you put 2 wheels on a Yamaha jetski, would it be "naked" class or partially streamlined?

Offline jl222

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 08:09:29 PM »
Well, I'm doing my part to assist global warming ... 

Tech question:  If you put 2 wheels on a Yamaha jetski, would it be "naked" class or partially streamlined?

Not legal for SCTA-BNI no jets :evil: :roll:

JL222

Offline DSR88

« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2010, 06:11:43 PM »
With the water we have got, how well do you think the coarse will hold up in May each day?

Offline desotoman

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2010, 06:55:06 PM »
Depends on how slow it dries.

Tom G.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:24:59 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline DSR88

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »
How many car on avg start in the rookie line?

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »
In one weekend I remember we had 23 rookies and had run out of log books...sometimes only 5 or so..

John

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2010, 07:30:16 PM »
Not much rain today.  How bout some sun and a little wind. :cheers:

Offline DSR88

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2010, 07:41:47 PM »
Hold a AA license on the salt But will start all over at El Mirage,Just tring to see if it might be posible to get a second run on the first day of the May meet.Don't get me wrong I have no problem making a 150mph run or less. Just tring to come up with a game plan.  

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:29 PM »
Hold a AA license on the salt But will start all over at El Mirage,Just tring to see if it might be posible to get a second run on the first day of the May meet.Don't get me wrong I have no problem making a 150mph run or less. Just tring to come up with a game plan.  

I believe the first top 25 run first then the 200mph line and rookie lines get to rotate in.  Everyone gets at least one run in, before anyone gets two.  If the course is great and the wind is your friend, you may get two runs in a day. :cheers:

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »

I believe the first top 25 run first then the 200mph line and rookie lines get to rotate in.  Everyone gets at least one run in, before anyone gets two.  If the course is great and the wind is your friend, you may get two runs in a day. :cheers:

Just a note from my rookie experience in November.

I waited until my number came up and got into the rookie line. Once I was in the line I was told I could make a run and get right back in the rookie line right away for another run. I was only able to stay for Saturday but was able to make two runs and could have probably have made three if I have wanted to.
Everyone was great and John N. was a big help.
Nothing but positive things to say about the SCTA and the volunteers who run the meets!!!

Good luck and have a great experience,
Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »
A friend of mine flew out from N.C to ride my Norton at the May meet in 2008.  He rode out of the rookie line and got four runs in the two days.  Had we pushed it we could have got a fifth run in.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.