Author Topic: 2010 Northwest Reunion  (Read 9993 times)

Offline michael lueders

2010 Northwest Reunion
« on: December 06, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »
Any word on if and when it's happening?

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: 2010 Northwest Reunion
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »
Yep.  Freud posted last week that he was going to Portland this weekend (like yesterday and today) to finalise the details and room rates and such.  The banquet is to be on the 13th of February (Saturday).  I assume the location will be the same as usual.  The speaker is yet to be announced - but we've heard some hints about who'll be talking Friday night -- and damme if I can remember rightnow who he said that'd be.

See you in a couple of months?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 04:25:38 PM »
Hopefully it won't be Thomason and Tradup again! Ha!

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »
Why not?  At least half of that pair was pretty interesting and worth hearing.  I forget which is which -- I think it was the tall guy that wasn't much but a drink of lukewarm water.

Whoops - that weren't you, was it, Richard?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »
Yep.  Freud posted last week that he was going to Portland this weekend (like yesterday and today) to finalise the details and room rates and such.  The banquet is to be on the 13th of February (Saturday).  I assume the location will be the same as usual.  The speaker is yet to be announced - but we've heard some hints about who'll be talking Friday night -- and damme if I can remember rightnow who he said that'd be.

See you in a couple of months?

OOH!!  I know who's speaking!!!   :-D   But, ummm, I promised Freud I wouldn't tell!     :roll:

Sorry,   :evil:

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Freud

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:51:21 PM »
I promise that the speaker at the Bonneville NW Reunion will not lull you to sleep.

Bret Kepner, many years with ESPN and now with Fox, covering the drag races, will tell us his impressions of

Bonneville. He is the president of the Kilo Club and has never been challenged for the office.

It's a joy to share the sunrises with him on the salt. It's also a pleasure to celebrate our birthdays

during Speed Week: same date, different years. My age makes me an authority even if I am wrong.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
Freud, as vice president of the Kilo Klub have you been put in charge of the vices....  :roll:  or member recruiting  :evil:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 11:30:35 PM »
I lost my position.

Over exposure was the reason.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Freud

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
For registration information, access:
http://bonnevillenwreunion.com/

Here are several extra events planned for the B'ville NW Banquet, February 13th.

On Friday night, 7:00PM at the Portland Airport Shilo Inn, Ed Shadle will present an
electronic program about the buiding and development of the North America Eagle, their
converted F-104 fighter adapted to retreive the all time Land Speed Record from Thrust II.
There is no charge to attend this event.

Steves Auto Restoration has granted us a 2 hour tour of their facility Saturday morning.
4440 SE 174th Ave
Portland, OR 503-665-2222

http://www.stevesautorestorations.com

Since the shop is not open on Saturday anyone attending must be there before 10 AM. The door will open at 9:50 AM and close at 10AM. If you are not there during that time you will not get in. Rules are rules. It's well worth the effort to see this shop that produces award winning vehicles from the ground up. (Check that web site.) They did the tail section panels for Marlo Treit's streamliner.

The Evergreen Air Museum,
http://sprucegoose.com/

http://sprucegoose.com/visit/directions.html

In the past several years, the Imax theater has been built and also another buiding, the same size as the home for the Spruce Goose.  It holds their missile display. The SR 71 has been moved into that facility. Even if you have been there previously, it is worth another trip.

Use “500 NE Cumulus Avenue' for street address when using a GPS Device.

A longer trip, but just as exciting is the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
http://www.museumofflight.org/
The Museum of Flight is located South of downtown Seattle, at the south end of Boeing Field / King County Airport; Exit 158 off Interstate 5. It is 165 miles from the hotel. All of it is I-5 freeway and the drive time is 2 ½ hours. They have an A-12, the first model of the SR-71 and a Concord commercial airplane.
A main section is the actual wood building in which Boeing first built airplanes. It was transported up the Duwamish River on a barge to be relocated as the primary building of the Museum of Flight. The actual tables on which the wooden framed planes were built are in place with original tools in place.

Questions fotofreud@aol.com 425-337-4558 Glenn Freudenberger
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 10:31:44 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 09:04:29 AM »
Thanks Glenn for the update.

Offline Freud

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
Brian, pick up some fellows along the way and bring them along.

FREUD
Since '63

HotRodV8

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »
Last year I traveled 3,000 miles from Florida to visit The Evergreen Air Museum. The Spruce Goose and the Museum are a first class presentation. I was impressed.

Plus, the trip over there takes you through the Oregon wine country encompassing the Museum. Be sure to propose a Toast to:  "Good friends, good times, good salt and good timing slips."
 :cheers:

Enjoy

Offline Freud

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 11:38:04 AM »
V8, some people may not understand that the Museum is listed every year as a destination, but.......it is amazing and constantly changing.

The tour guides, aways there on the floor and not just for groups, have lived their lives with airplanes. They have a passion for the place

that is difficult to explain.

So with the new exhibits, the I-Max theater and the grapes that they are growing on the surrounding area, it's a great place to go.

Thanks for your vote of approval.

If you have any interest in cars that are built from the ground up, Steve's Auto Restoration is just as exciting. If you are in the area

Saturday morning, be sure to attend.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 07:12:29 PM »
I lost my position.

Over exposure was the reason.

FREUD

Are you sure that wasn't indecent exposure?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »
I thought when they said incendental light they were talking about his equipment.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records