Author Topic: Oxygen Injection  (Read 21886 times)

Offline Constant Kinetics

• I'm not Crazy, I'm Invincible!
    • Constant Kinetics
Re: Oxygen Injection
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »
So if bio-diesel isn't allowed in diesel classes, is it allowed in Omega as a turbine fuel? The whole point of my builds are that we have the technology today to blend clean energy and performance. I'll have to get McRat to verify this, but i vaugely remember some diesel conversion kits that allow many production diesels to run on cooking oil and can be self-installed with basic tools in a weekend.
Wierd is good

Offline dw230

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 03:19:39 PM »
Chad,

In the Omega classes the use of fuel is your choice.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline fastman614

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »
There was indeed a catastrophic incident at Bonneville in the 1960s..... It involved the use of oxygen injection..... as I had been told, anyway... a racing legend, Bob Herda, lost his life....

And yes, how about those turbonique units?.... as fas as I also recall, Turbonique also marketed a little turbine engine that also ran a centrifugal supercharger. It looked like a turbo charger.... more or less, anyway.... and could produce some impressive horsepower numbers.... it was these items that prompted NHRA and other sanctioning organizations to specify that the supercharger must be mechanically or exhaust driven.

GM diesels huh?.... the earlier reference sounds like something that I would have bought at least two of!!!!
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 09:29:20 PM »
???

No oxygen injection mentioned here (I wish that it was dated):

http://www.nom.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=93

BTW, there's an incredible amount of info oh Bob Herda on the net.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Tman

« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
Read a few of the Navarro stories, the visual of him vaporizing a Stromberg and metal spraying the inside of his flatty always makes me chuckle!