Author Topic: MotoConnect Community Site!  (Read 9076 times)

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
Re: MotoConnect Community Site!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:42 PM »
Edit  :-D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:10:27 PM by MotoConnect »

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 01:28:30 PM »
As to not clutter up this thread I will be creating a new thread with these same topics.

Mike

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »
Hey Guys,

My name is Mike and I am one of the founders of www.MotoConnect.net. I want to take this time to introduce myself as well as share with you guys about our Free Social Community site to help all racers, teams, and organizations to get connected in a "Facebook" style. Unlike "Facebook" We are focused on you guys and what you guys want and need to grow your careers and to gain exposure in the industry. MotoConnect's focus is to grow the Racing community as a whole. We want each and everyone of you to be apart of our family and to get in contact with all your sponsors, vendors and fans in one single place. With MotoConnect you can post your racing career, your stats, even your photos, movies and favorite music! This site is about YOU and YOUR Career!

If you guys have any questions please feel free to ask!

Mike

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 01:32:25 PM »
I also wanted to let you guys know that we will be having drawing for free MotoConnect gear like Profesional Pit Shirts, Hats, T-shirts, Keychains and a much more for those who sign up in Jan! I have all our samples coming in next week! Also I will post up some of the designs so you guys can see the sweetness of the give away! I honestly want to keep these for myself :twisted:  but we want to give you guys a lil added extra bonus for joining our site!   :D  If your on the site you can find me as "1337_Admin" I am very active on the site adding new and cool info so keep in touch or hit me up on the site   :)

Mike

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »
Edit...  :-D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:09:14 PM by MotoConnect »

Offline desotoman

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »
Slim,

Here is a quote from Avacodo Studios, which is where Mikes email address comes from. I personally would ask him to donate money before he floods the site with marketing.

Tom G.

"Welcome to Avacado Studios, a digital media, website design and internet marketing company."
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
Looks rather commercial to me too Jon. Don't let him take advantage.

Now, let's get back to LSR in 2010.

Pete

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
Guys we are not selling anything. If you want us to pay for advertisement we have no problem doing so. Like I said we just want to grow the racing community that is all we make no money on you guys in regards to motoconnect. Our income comes from advertisers just like LandRacing gets on this site  :cheers: As stated earlier we all have jobs outside of racing mine happens to be in marketing and web design. Hence, why the concept of motoconnect is possible. I saw a need to connect communities of racers together in an environment that could grow their careers and so motoconnect was born. Like I said everything we are doing is FREE and is there to ENHANCE and GROW the community. Slim, if you feel we need to pay I will make it happen. We are not here to sale any products of services. We are just letting you guys know of our presence in the community and how we are willing to give incentives to those who actively help us grow the community.  :-D If you guys have any questions in regards to our community feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
Mike, as I've said in my emails to you today -- I do my best to keep the site from being flooded with ads, and those that are on pay -- as well as participate in land speed racing.  And as I think I also said -- the folks on the Forum dictate (in a large way) who should be on the Forum and who should be dis-invited.  Let's let it ride for a day or tw - and then I'll let you know (if you haven't already read it) what the report from hoi-polloi reads.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 03:34:27 PM »
I appreciate it Slim and I will be waiting patiently. Till then I will be browsing through the forum trying to learn as much as I can. Hopefully the MotoConnect 370zTT will be ready for Texas mile this year!  :cheers:

Again, guys I am not here to advertise my services outside of racing. Cheers to you all and I hope this will be a year for us all to break new ground and records!  :-D

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
I'm thinkn you should be givn money to Jon.....
Kent
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:00:26 PM by 1212FBGS »

Offline bbarn

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 04:29:50 PM »
Mike,

I see that you and SSS have an agreement on your posting(s), however, most of us get notified of any new posts, please don't run through all the threads and make posts. Put it someplace, even if it is wrong and call it a day. If it is in the wrong place, a moderator will move it appropriately and notify you of said move.

Multiple posts, especially long ones won't sit well with most on this site. We're all really busy getting our projects done and trying to get information and updates from LR.com. Having to look at the same posts multiple times is going to drive people here the opposite direction you are hoping for.
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Mike,

I see that you and SSS have an agreement on your posting(s), however, most of us get notified of any new posts, please don't run through all the threads and make posts. Put it someplace, even if it is wrong and call it a day. If it is in the wrong place, a moderator will move it appropriately and notify you of said move.

Multiple posts, especially long ones won't sit well with most on this site. We're all really busy getting our projects done and trying to get information and updates from LR.com. Having to look at the same posts multiple times is going to drive people here the opposite direction you are hoping for.

Thank you BBarn :cheers: I had notified slim that I was moving the posts to my own thread to avoid clutter earlier today. I will see if I can delete these out of respect to you guys. Since, I have already moved to my own thread. Thank you for the advice. I want to respect your forum culture as it is much different from the forums that I am and have been apart of in the past. With much respect to the community I will delete the posts in regards to our give a way. Thanks again bbarn!  :cheers:

Mike

Offline MotoConnect

• New folks
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
Woah...  :-o why did the two threads get merged? I went to delete/edit my posts and now my other thread is gone! This one has been renamed my old thread name and now Im a bit confused??? Moderators did you guys merge or delete my other thread? Please let me know so i can clean this up and not offend anyone in the community with all these repeated posts.

Thank you,

Mike

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Mike -- I thought I had mentioned that I planned to merge the two once things got going and I was comfortable with you having your own thread.  Sorry that you got cornfused.

As for the comments about your site and the stuff you're putting on this site -- I never told you it's an easy crowd.  If the respondents say enough that I'm convinced that your content isn't appropriate for landracing.com -- then we'll ask you to be a regular contributing member and simply list your website on your profile -- in which case it'll show up on every post you make.

So - speaking of that profile, please add a bit to it so those that stumble upon your comments will know a bit more about you.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com