Author Topic: 2009  (Read 3084 times)

Offline redcatch

« on: November 29, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »
After returning home {Florida} and upon reflection I have to say that the week spent at the salt this year was a most rewarding experience. The officials and workers were just the best and I can not say that any other way. In my life I have had the good fortune to compete in many road racing venues at all levels, in Europe and state side. These guys are the best. My goals were all met with little or no fan fare. Even with the rain ,weather, and a course under water these people pushed and got it done. I heard some grumps in the lines complaining about things and I wanted to gag them. Try  doing that at the 12 hours of Sebring and understand that they don't care if you run. The USFRA officials made this event happen. Plans are under way to return next Sept and I will be trying my hand at the long course. I also wish to thank  most of the competitors. You guys are the best. I have never had people come over to a car and suggest a better way to do something. I had guys with red hats giving me advice on setup and driving. I listened and took it all to heart. Thanks for a great week
Bob Cox
Redcatcher Motorsports

ECTA Record Holder
B/GALT

redcatch32@aol.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: 2009
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »
RC, Jim Burkdoll and the USFRA Club have put on a great meet for twenty-some years now.  It is a little more laid back than Speedweek, but still gives you the opportunity to do all the racing you want.  This years rain out exemplifies the Bonneville spirit, much like the Speedweek rain out a few years ago.  Every group want you to have a safe and fast racing experience.  Same goes for every racer... we all enjoy seeing someone go fast and then faster.  (even if they are in our class)
Stop in and say hi....
See ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »
USFRA really busted their hump to make this happen this year.  On one day's notice, they improvised inspection at Lands End, moved the course about a mile due to the weather, and on top of that, went out of their way to help make the Aussie Team Healey experience a true event. 

I chatted with a number of the 130 and 150 club attendees, met a guy from Iowa who worked with my dad, talked to some VW guys, and witnessed one of the best run racing events you'll ever see. 

Major thumbs up to these folks. :cheers:   
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline oldracer19

• Plan B Racing
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:23:45 PM »
A lot of the griping in line is due to things the racers are doing, and not the officials.  If every racer that rolled up to the line was READY TO GO when they are up next, the line would move much faster.  Think about it, even 30 seconds or so per  car of wasted time, adds up close to an hour with a hundred cars. 

We as racers, need to do our part to make the event go smoothly.
"because plan A never works"