Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
« on: November 26, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
I'm going to post this here -- and on another post so that everyone sees it -- including those that don't go to something named "Happy Thanksgiving" 'cause that holiday is now over.

Freud and Ray Buck helped come up with the idea of sending greeting cards to American servicemen for the coming holidays.  Since many of us (me included) have seen this type of thing and later discovered it was a "scam" or a "non-idea" because the address was wrong or the intended recipient couldn't handle the influx of greetings -- Ray checked out this one and it's legit.  There's one going around that invites cards to be sent to Walter Reed Army Hospital -- and that one is not valid.  If you see one and you're not sure about it -- save your stamps and first go to www.snopes.com or one of the other fact-checking sites and see if it's on the level.  Then - if you'd be interested in sending cards to soldiers and sailors and all/any servicepeople -- follow this link to the American Red Cross program.  Note that you've only got a little more than a week -- maybe less if you're a few days away by mail -- to get the cards to the Red Cross program.  Get your pen and paper and get going!

http://www.redcross.org/holidaymail
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:34:34 PM »
Jon......Many THANKS.

I think this is an easily overlooked way that we can contribute to an added measure of healing for those that are wounded and recovering, those that

wish they were home and don't have a very good reception when they do get home and the strong among them that do all they can to support

their buddies that put it all on the line for us at home.

In our group, I doubt that any of us go to bed hungry. I am also assuming that we have shelter.

Some of the people that will receive these cards may be laying in a depression that they dug into the ground and that is their measure

of home for that night.

Let's make some original cards and get them in the mail with the same haste we would use if we were ordering parts a week before Speed Week.

I owe these defenders. You owe these defenders. Let's pay our bill before Dec 7th.

FREUD
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:59:08 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 08:02:38 PM »
Right on, Doc.  I'll be doing that.