Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!  (Read 4763 times)

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 10:20:16 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 10:40:13 AM »
Well, I'll be go-to-hell.  I looked it up and the apple gets the name from a farmer.  Here's what Wikipedia says:  "Every McIntosh apple has a direct lineage to a single tree discovered in 1811 by John McIntosh on his farm in Dundela, a hamlet near Morrisburg, in Dundas County, Ontario."

There you have it, and I've modified the spelling in the recipe.  By the way, for best results when making the dumplings -- use Jonathons.  Much better aroma, and firmer, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
I wish to THANK both Jons for allowing us to share this forum and have friends from all over the world.

Jon Amo for building it, and Jon Wennerberg for perpetuating it and bobc for solving the inconvenient problems that

frustrate us beyond belief. Nothing ignites our short fuses like Landracing.com being down.

Thanks to Ray the Rat for all he has done for me lately.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 05:33:14 PM »
I'm going to post this here -- and on another post so that everyone sees it -- including those that don't go to something named "Happy Thanksgiving" 'cause that holiday is now over.

Freud and Ray Buck helped come up with the idea of sending greeting cards to American servicemen for the coming holidays.  Since many of us (me included) have seen this type of thing and later discovered it was a "scam" or a "non-idea" because the address was wrong or the intended recipient couldn't handle the influx of greetings -- Ray checked out this one and it's legit.  There's one going around that invites cards to be sent to Walter Reed Army Hospital -- and that one is not valid.  If you see one and you're not sure about it -- save your stamps and first go to www.snopes.com or one of the other fact-checking sites and see if it's on the level.  Then - if you'd be interested in sending cards to soldiers and sailors and all/any servicepeople -- follow this link to the American Red Cross program.  Note that you've only got a little more than a week -- maybe less if you're a few days away by mail -- to get the cards to the Red Cross program.  Get your pen and paper and get going!

http://www.redcross.org/holidaymail
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »
Thanks to all my LSR friends who've made 2009 such a magical year for me.  Yea, I still got a touch of the stomach flu that has so far kept me from seeing my new granddaughter and attending dinner at my other son's house today, but it's been a good day anyway.  I have a whole lot to be grateful for...and I'm gonna continue celebrating it by practicing the bass.  Lotta fun there.

Very best wishes to everyone in the LSR community.

Offline GearSpeedKelvo

• GEARSPEED MOTORSPORTS OWNER
  • ORGANIZING THE FIRST PHILIPPINE LAND SPEED RACE
    • GEARSPEED MOTORSPORTS
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 06:30:15 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving.

Organizing the FIRST Philippine Land Speed Racing
Making the FIRST Philippine Land Speed Race Car on a Honda Civic
GearSpeed Motorsports' FIRST Race Car
PLSRA Philippine Land Speed Racing Association
Lot 6 Block 11 Buencamino St. BF Homes Subdivision Alabang Muntinlupa City