Author Topic: winners-----------  (Read 5370 times)

Offline willieworld

winners-----------
« on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:13 PM »
is someone going to post the #1 car and bike for 09  what gives---------------------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: winners-----------
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:50 PM »
The points are posted on the SCTA web site
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:54 PM »
Not Noonan???  :?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:46:42 PM »
Looks like BUDFAB Eric Noyes for Motorcycles
Dan Butler / HondataRSX for cars
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline joea

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 10:07:13 PM »
willie....THANK YOU .....now you understand my frustration.....

i had been posting as early as the meet before (my bad)....anxiously awaiting
the champions this year.....largely d/t the fact that i dont run elmirage

and like watching the nfl, nascar etal, i have an interest in outcomes, especially
lsr related things, DLRA maxton etc, i dont run them but know of folks involved....

John N. answered posts right after my queries...but not to my interest in this
years outcome(s).......i have been sitting back waiting and wondering, and felt
like maybe it wasnt official or something, as USUALLY/historically there has
been some excited announcement/proclamation......

regardless of this years champion.....

I have to say CONGRATS to you all who pursue this honor, as i cant really fathom all
the dedication and work involved in this endeavor....year long and beyond.....

what John did winning 2 in a row was phenomenal.....part of my keen interest in this years results...

Joe :)

Offline willieworld

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
joea   thanks --------somehow it doesnt seem official until it is announced---if you havent raced at el mirage it is tough--you have to make all 6 events and do very well at each event ---you have to run the same rig with the exception of engine class ---the entry form has to be identical at all 6 meets except date and engine class --you are competing for records-starting line position-club points - overall championship-fastest bike and car of the meet --participation awards and individual club championships and awards --pretty involved but exciting ---it is also a 700 mile round trip for us ---the entry is only 30 dollars ----hope to see you there one day -----------willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 12:23:35 AM »
Congratulations four ways!

Eric Noyes and John Buddenbaum both drive the 4949 ride.

Dan Butler and Doug Macmillan both drive the 2132 ride.

It's super tough to stay consistent all year long and set records.

Congratulations to everybody that set a record this year!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »
The points champions for El Mirage 2009 were posted on the home page of this site on Saturday, the 21st of November, two days before your query, Willie.  You folks should take a look at the front page of the site once in a while.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
I figured Willie was alluding to the controversy over paperwork that was discussed on another thread...  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline mkilger

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »
good someone else on the new rule book cover  for a change, :evil: good job guys

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2009, 12:20:30 PM »
Stain..Willi I too waited wondering on the outcome of the contraversey. I thought it was very specific in the EL Mirage Procedures and has been brought up many times in the past at meetings even too the extent of the all drivers needing to be on every entry to share the rewards of being #1.

I congratulate both entries on their achievments. Setting records in all six meets won't normally cut it any longer unless you have an ace in the hole with one or 2 large bumps. A couple of MPH per record will get you about 5th or 6th today.  Once again Congrats.............JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

McRat

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 01:16:52 PM »
Stain..Willi I too waited wondering on the outcome of the contraversey. I thought it was very specific in the EL Mirage Procedures and has been brought up many times in the past at meetings even too the extent of the all drivers needing to be on every entry to share the rewards of being #1.

I congratulate both entries on their achievments. Setting records in all six meets won't normally cut it any longer unless you have an ace in the hole with one or 2 large bumps. A couple of MPH per record will get you about 5th or 6th today.  Once again Congrats.............JD

First congrats to point winners!  Even racing all six events can be challenge. :cheers:

I'm not absolutely positive on this, as I don't really understand the points thingy other than start position, but is the following correct?
If you ran one class, you'd have to bump the existing record about 80 mph to be competitive for points.  To put that in perspective, if the existing record is 160mph, you'd need to run progressively faster until you hit 240mph.  But if your primary goal was to reach 240mph, and you figured out how to get to that speed in 3 events, you wouldn't be competitive.

Offline mkilger

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »
I thought that landracing was about going as fast as you can, for your class?? points :roll: I dont get it.

McRat

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
I thought that landracing was about going as fast as you can, for your class?? points :roll: I dont get it.

I remember somebody telling me to go just a little faster each time.  :?

I guess it made sense, since I want a low run #, but my right foot is deaf.  I try to go as fast as I can (or am allowed) every time.

I'll admit I'm disappointed in our results.  I know the truck will go 200+ mph, probably even in the dirt.  Once I get to 200, the need for "points" disappears as that will guarantee a low run order.

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 03:37:34 PM »
The most a competitor can get without setting a record is 199 points. A tie will get you 200. Getting that record gets you 200 point +25 + how many MPH you went over the record. EI: 237.098 existing record. You ran 247.005. 200 points + 25 bonus + 9 full miles over record = 234 points

You need those 25 bonus points for the record and at least 2 big giners to win the Championship. Even with all the records I set at El Mirage; the most MPH point I've ever gotten was 3...I've # 6 in points and 8th in 34 years........Good Luck to all..................JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro