Author Topic: Front axle, spindles, hubs.  (Read 6405 times)

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: Front axle, spindles, hubs.
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 03:42:48 PM »
the D2111 (21-3.5x15)tires made in Chili are good to about 320 or 330 but the new tires that Denis had made are good for over 400..... George and the Vesco's used them this year..
Kent

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
Kent,
How do we know we are getting the higher rated goodyears.

Rob
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
they will cost  a BUNCH MORE----from what I have heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »
RobFrey,
For a car like you are planning I would be very cautious about using something like the Anglia spindle for the front. I agree with Tony you should make the setup zero offset steering and you probably need to do some looking at what the front wheel loads will be. I would think that you will probably have your water tanks forward of the motor and probably other parts plus your body will probably generate some down force and I would bet that if you looked at the bearing load capacity of the Anglia spindles at 7000 rpm + (that is 450 mph with a 21 inch dia tire) it would be marginal at best. For the kind of effort you are planning,  spindles specifically designed for your car with carefully selected bearings that will carry the load at the speed you are contemplating are a must.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.