Author Topic: how to find minimums  (Read 3801 times)

Offline bryanbrown

• New folks
how to find minimums
« on: November 19, 2009, 11:16:55 PM »
I was wondering how to find the minimums for aa/bfmr, aa/bfrmr and a/bfrmr.  they're listed for el mirage, but not bonneville. thanks for any help

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
Re: how to find minimums
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »
Try going to bonneville 200 mph . Com they should be listed there
Mike cook jr

Offline bryanbrown

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:03:21 AM »
found 'em, thanks

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:13:10 AM »
The minimums are for the B-ville 2 Club only but there are no minimum record speeds on the salt.  If there isn't a record it's open.  If you go 20 mph twice on an open class record the new class record is 20 mph.  There are minimum records speeds at El Mirage because we compete for points.   
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:18:12 AM »
I'll say this once more -- so you don't get caught the way we did a few years ago.  We entered in a class where there was no record listed in the rulebook, thinking that therefore it was an open record.  We ran (and qualified, of course), then made the return run.  Upon entering impound the second time the official record book was opened -- and lo and behold, there was a record in the class after all -- it just didn't get printed in the rulebook.

Lesson:  Don't take the absence of a record as proof that there's none -- check carefully before spending time, money, and lots of excitement.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »
So if I want to run on an open record I should call N.C.I.S. and have them track down the golden chalice official rule book?

If you can't trust the rule book or the SCTA web site, what's the next option?
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 10:20:13 AM »
Tribal knowledge  :wink:

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2009, 11:07:28 AM »
Nathan brings up a very important point - The Bonneville 200 MPH Club Records and Minimums are just that. The Club recognizes records certified by the SCTA/BNI at or above the 200 MPH Club's published speeds as valid for membership - this is only important if your goal is getting your driver a Red Hat. I would suggest that it would be wise to check SCTA for your particular class requirements for an SCTA Record -That will get you in the SCTA Rule Book.  Do not be dissapointed if your over 200 MPH speed record falls short of the Club's performance requirements.  Pat Kinne

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
I'll say this once more -- so you don't get caught the way we did a few years ago.  We entered in a class where there was no record listed in the rulebook, thinking that therefore it was an open record.  We ran (and qualified, of course), then made the return run.  Upon entering impound the second time the official record book was opened -- and lo and behold, there was a record in the class after all -- it just didn't get printed in the rulebook.

Lesson:  Don't take the absence of a record as proof that there's none -- check carefully before spending time, money, and lots of excitement.

That's because there are potentially too many motorcycle classes.  One was bound to get lost.   :-D
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »
Some time back when I started LSR the Sultan of Speed Scott Guthrie told me something along the lines of when you are going after a record you should at least know who holds the record and perhaps the person who they "borrowed" it from as well.  He was trying to explain to me about retaining the history of LSR.

J