Author Topic: Another great video from Lou Fisher  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Bobby c

Another great video from Lou Fisher
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:49:14 PM »
Bonneville Stories Part X "Anatomy of a Streamliner The Denis Manning Story" has been released on YouTube

A supremely talented and self-taught designer and fabricator, Denis Manning has devoted his life to pursuing the motorcycle land-speed record and his innovative streamliners have succeeded on more than one occasion. Manning, also the founder of aftermarket motorcycle exhaust pipe company BUB Enterprises, built the streamliner that multi-time AMA Grand National Champion Chris Carr rode to a world-record 350.8 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats on September 7, 2006.

BUB 7 is now the fastest motorcycle on the planet * Chris Carr set a new FIM world record & AMA national record at 367.382 mph thru the mile with an exit speed of 372.534 mph at the Cook Private Meet at the Bonneville Salt Flats Utah Sept. 2009.

Click this link to YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjmpZ3-uSA

Bob

Offline landsendlynda

Re: Another great video from Lou Fisher
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »
Excellent!!  Denis is such a luv!!  And, once again, Drew has written a song straight out of the salt!!

Congratulations to both Denis and his team, and to Drew for getting the words "just right" ...  It was such an honor to be at the Shootout and watch your dream come true!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:44:05 AM »
Yep !   Great video. I could listen to Denis talk for hours. I had to watch it again since Iam getting a case of the - Iam tired of winter, Iam tired of shoveling snow, Iam tired of it being so darn cold.  I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorcycle. . . Rumor has it that brother Lou is working on three more Bonneville Stories and should be out soon.  Today Iam just going to make up a new wiring harness. Had several glitches with the old one last year, and this year we are not taking any chances. Those five days on the salt can slip by pretty quick.  Last year was a real learning experience us.
Stay happy and healthy -
Jimbo
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline Dakzila

• 1956 Triumph cub
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:17:12 PM »
Bonneville Stories Part X "Anatomy of a Streamliner The Denis Manning Story" has been released on YouTube

A supremely talented and self-taught designer and fabricator, Denis Manning has devoted his life to pursuing the motorcycle land-speed record and his innovative streamliners have succeeded on more than one occasion. Manning, also the founder of aftermarket motorcycle exhaust pipe company BUB Enterprises, built the streamliner that multi-time AMA Grand National Champion Chris Carr rode to a world-record 350.8 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats on September 7, 2006.

BUB 7 is now the fastest motorcycle on the planet * Chris Carr set a new FIM world record & AMA national record at 367.382 mph thru the mile with an exit speed of 372.534 mph at the Cook Private Meet at the Bonneville Salt Flats Utah Sept. 2009.

Click this link to YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjmpZ3-uSA

Bob,
Thanks for posting the link.
It’s humbling to realize what some people have accomplished compared to our own achievements. I think I’ll archive the link so during the times I feel “illusions of grandeur” coming on I can watch this video and bring myself back down to Earth.
I’ve only been in land speed racing for a short but it’s evident that the sport draws in some very talented individuals.
 The ingenuity, fabrication and mechanical abilities of people like Denis just amaze me.
Thanks again for posting this link.
Buzz
"Marred by indecision; vision is blurred, confidence deteriorates and progress stagnates."

"It's not about what you did.....It's about what you do!"

"Regret is part of the aging process and should never be confused with failure."