Author Topic: Rich People Can't Drive...  (Read 5364 times)

McRat

Rich People Can't Drive...
« on: November 16, 2009, 06:10:53 PM »
Rolex watch $9,000
Gucci driving gloves $300
Designer Sunglasses $500
Bugatti Veyron $1.7 million

Not having a clue how to drive the dang thing?

PRICELESS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWzkMXcRII0&NR=1

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Rich People Can't Drive...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 07:47:38 PM »
Yep, no question about it -- definitely an "Oh SH*T moment".
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:03:58 PM »
Note to self....Request "car fax" before used Veyron purchase :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

McRat

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Note to self....Request "car fax" before used Veyron purchase :cheers:

Yeah, I was just thinking of how much my Veyron insurance is going up next year 'cause of clowns like that!   :cry:

McRat

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 08:21:54 PM »
A little research shows that there are 15 14 Veyrons in the USA. 
Andrew House is probably the driver, who is the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, home of the Playstation.
Apparently being able to drive on a TV screen doesn't translate well into the open road, so we will most likely not accept Playstation Driving School for DMV purposes.
However, both Nintendo and XBox certificates should still be OK in most the southern states.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:23:29 PM by McRat »

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 08:40:56 PM »
The ultra-rare 2006 Bugatti Veyron EB had been sold to Andy Lee House just last month by a Jonesboro, Ark., dealer, and had just 500 miles on the odometer from the previous owner, according to the Houston Chronicle.

House reportedly told La Marque, Texas, police that he lost control of his car when he dropped his cellphone and, upon sitting back up, was distracted by a low-flying pelican, which caused him to jerk the wheel to avoid it.

Hmmm. I didn't see a pelican in the video. Just an idiot.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

McRat

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 09:15:35 PM »
The ultra-rare 2006 Bugatti Veyron EB had been sold to Andy Lee House just last month by a Jonesboro, Ark., dealer, and had just 500 miles on the odometer from the previous owner, according to the Houston Chronicle.

House reportedly told La Marque, Texas, police that he lost control of his car when he dropped his cellphone and, upon sitting back up, was distracted by a low-flying pelican, which caused him to jerk the wheel to avoid it.

Hmmm. I didn't see a pelican in the video. Just an idiot.

I think he said pelican because when he saw Elvis before his last crash, he had to spend 3 days in a hospital for observation.

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 12:18:11 AM »
Looks like he sold the car to his insurance company.. :roll:

velocity

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 01:18:21 AM »
Having driven one of these jewels on California Speedway road course, I was stunned at how quickly 150MPH gets pegged on the speedo. The car is an industrial powerplant and from the video I think the damn fool driver simply let his concentration wander -- fatal error for a car with instant response to input. I savor well-behaved speed machines, but have always maintained a healthy respect for supercars. Don Vesco's Ferrari Testarossa was another terminal speed demon and I would have gone straight to jail if they would have caught me exercising that beauty ripping through the Mojave.

Pelican? ha ha ha

McRat

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2009, 08:45:21 AM »
Looks like he sold the car to his insurance company.. :roll:

You might be right.

Apparently there is another Andy House who is a millionaire (what a great country we live in, where you have to check middle names to tell the difference betweens millionaires).

My apologies to Andrew House, but the joke was just too easy.

This Andy Lee House (34) is the owner of Performance Auto Sales:

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-identify-owner-of-million-dollar-Bugatti-driven-into-lagoon-69998852.html

Something besides the leather seats smells fishy.  I don't think he expected someone to be videotaping.  No pelican on video, and the car was taken directly to the insurance company.

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 12:25:24 AM »
Richard Thomason is down in Calif at a driving expierence tomorrow driving one of these Bugatis and a Lamborgini and some Ferraris.  All day deal.  Should be fun.  He may get alittle bored at only 250 mph  He has been 346 MPH before.

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 12:32:23 AM »
The web site is  Worldclassdriving.com   He is doing the Extreme Event  in the Mojava deseret some where.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
No one would be so foolish as to allow a clown like me to drive such a car, but the one thing that I thought was interesting with both the Veyron and Ferrari Enzo was how quiet they were driving past. Anti-climatic to a car nut. Expected rip snorting, fire breathing sound of power and it was more like a Camry. :cheers:J.B.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 05:27:53 PM »
No one would be so foolish as to allow a clown like me to drive such a car, but the one thing that I thought was interesting with both the Veyron and Ferrari Enzo was how quiet they were driving past. Anti-climatic to a car nut. Expected rip snorting, fire breathing sound of power and it was more like a Camry. :cheers:J.B.

So , not like the sound of a streamliner going past the 5 mile at 400+mph
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
There is not much difference between the Veyron and the vehicles we have, except he put a lot less work into his.  Our rides are ultra ultra rare.  Usually no others are around that are just like them.  And they are very expensive, too.