Author Topic: Another "production" class question  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Another "production" class question
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 10:43:04 AM »
I agree with Milton -- run the bike for time only and see how much fun/how fast you go.  Then if it's competitive with the record -- then think about trying to make it into production class -- or whatever.  If you think it's close to "legal" and have the documentation to prove it we'll do what we can to help you so you can have a shot at the record.  Take all of the comments above as caveats -- and maybe it'll pass and you'll get some nice wallpaper.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Frank06

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 06:56:08 AM »
Frank06,  I would bring the H1 down and run it in whatever class they allow.  Then if it looks like it would have the production record consider making the change.  You should be able to get an assist on-site as well.

That's a possibility too.  I'll think about it.  Jeez, could I get my name in lights if I set a record?   :roll:

(edit)  Actually, the more I think about this the better it sounds.  The H1 is stock internally but is a fresh rebuild, good transmission, etc.  My T500 would probably need work - and I've got a ton of projects already lined up this winter.  If I decide I can't get it done I can throw the H1 in the van instead.  Swapping brakes would only take an hour.  Thanks for the suggestion!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 07:29:18 AM by Frank06 »
E-Racer

Offline MiltonP

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
I'm unexperienced riding sport bikes and my first run of the event is typically a throwaway but I still have a good feel after 2-3 runs what my bike is capable of in the current conditions.  If things go well, I get 2-3 runs in 2pm saturday and then I go about trying to make any changes I am capable of usually in preperation for sunday morning but sometimes I can get in a late run saturday.  IT can be tempting to crank off runs and get more experience but if I am too far off the record I tend to want to give the engine a break.  All that said, I think the first meet in 2009 probably had the best conditions, for my ride anyways, of the year.  I had packed it in already the one sunday when the wind shifted late! :x