Author Topic: El Mirage Update  (Read 34636 times)

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: El Mirage Update
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2009, 12:16:30 AM »
Tom,

I am not tired however it was a long drive home  :wink:, I posted I did not see your car so I was not sure if you raced..?

Always next year, pray for rain... :cheers:

John

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2009, 12:26:43 AM »
Tom it was great to see you again, great story on the McGee(sp) engine collection.  Noonan I wanted to catch up with you to meet ya, but time seems to go by so quick when your B.Sn with a bunch of racers, hopefully next time.  Lefever crew great to talk with you all.  I even saw Glen for a second and finally met Jack Dolan.  Hey, Scott sorry I didn't get to say high great job riding.  I got a bunch of videos so once I have time I'll sort them out and get the good ones on here.  Talk with ya all soon. :cheers:

landracing

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2009, 12:59:52 AM »
Looks like to me based on overall points from last month and the points received from this last weekend of racing that the Buddenbaum Fabrication motorcycle streamliner #4949 won the motocycle points championship and also overall points leader at 1411 points (And I pesonally think that is the most awesome total points number in the world)

The number one car by my addition is the #2132 Honda RSX having a total of 1398 total points...

Geat job all

JonAmo

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2009, 01:17:51 AM »
I don't know about the championship, but there was a discussion about a mistake made on the bud fab paper work, something about not having the alternate driver on the entry? :cheers:

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2009, 01:24:58 AM »
I don't know about the championship, but there was a discussion about a mistake made on the bud fab paper work, something about not having the alternate driver on the entry? :cheers:

Troy,

I thought it was because they changed the entry name from Budfab Streamliner to Buddenbaum Fabrication ?

I was not aware you could not have an alternate driver/rider on an entry for the SCTA/Lakes points championship?

Is this also in the El Mirage procedures?

John

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:27:26 AM by John Noonan »

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2009, 01:46:59 AM »
Your correct on that John, but there was a lot of discussion about alternate drivers being on the paper work all year long; still can't figure out why that would be a problem. :cheers:

Offline Livin1072

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2009, 02:54:02 AM »
Congrats Jon on your top speed of the year and numerious other accomplishments!  It was good to finally put a mug with all the colorful post throughout the season.  :-D

Pat great job one your 223 it was a picture perfect run!

Shane San it's always a plesure you guys are a class act!

Personally it was both educational and humbling. Even while driving home 1600 miles already making plans to return next season with the training wheels off ;)

Thank you to the Gear Grinders for taking me in!  You guys are a motivating close nit group looking forward yo next season;)

Team SGR Mr Turbo Racing
259.9 mph Texas '09 / 264.3 mph Maxton '10 / 265.1 mph Loring '09

McRat

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:18 AM »
Great seeing everyone again.  Hat's off to all the SCTA crew for another excellent event  :cheers:

The Casper Report:  Got one run in Saturday at 141mph.  Truck went to 153, then electronics defueled it and coasted through the WELL MARKED finish line. :D
Got back in line and didn't make it.  Sunday, made some changes, but still shut down at 153 but netted a 145 trap.  Had time for another pass, made some bizarre tuning changes, and truck did a Rice Crispy Runup, Snap-Crackle-Pop, but somehow got past the 153 up to a 157 before the lights.  Couple more passes and I think I would have figured the problem out.  Truck handled very well, with little wheelspin. 

It was so cold Friday night, that the truck would not start Saturday AM.  If the air is not hot enough, we can't ignite fuel.  We gave it a blow job by getting Kat's truck's exhaust pointed at the air inlet and reving it up, which worked.  Diesel exhaust is mostly just hot air, since there is no throttle.  So Sat night, Kat warmed up the truck at 12, I got up at 3a, and did it again, then again at 5am.  We also got the nose pointed at the heater outlet of our MH and put on Tom's Spiderman blanket on the hood it keep it warm.  Once again, Spiderman saves the day.

Now we are going drag racing again with the truck.  Put the 4x4 back on, remove the ballast and regear.  Hoping for a 9 sec ET with Kat driving.

Offline joea

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
..thanks Jon Amo for figuring that out, i was excited to see if
John Noonan won yet another championship....

..but ...I think i can see now why i couldnt get a response on that....!!!!!!!!!!

great Job John Noonan for achieving top speed of the year again with the
223+ speed......

..nice job Shane on your "elmo best licensing pass"....should be fun
next year to see you make a true best attempt.....

Joe :)

landracing

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »
God dang it, darn papework issues again...Why don't teams fill out all the main information and make 10 photocopies of it at the first meet, then you only have to fill out date and class and no more messing with wrong entry name.

Jon

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2009, 10:29:19 AM »
Had a great time at Elmo despite the conditions which went from meerly terrible to truly horrible. Cold!!! Snow on surrounding mountains. Very windy on sunday.
I took my brother Pat as pit crew and another couple of friends who had never been before. Bart and John were both impressed with the friendliness and cheerfulness of everyone they met.
  Got a decent run in on sat with wheelspin the whole way. Ran 192 on a 191 record. Tried again sunday but course was really going away and there was a 15-20 mph headwind,darn. I suspected I would be slower but this is the last chance for a speed run until next year!!
Big thanks to John and the rest of the SDRC for all the help.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2009, 11:21:43 AM »
831   V4       VFALT     Aardema Eyres Braun   SDRC   Scott Goetz   165.648   151.950   0

How come no points?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline joea

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »
...he didnt have his name spelled right...so i should be the el mirage
racing champion......

yahooooo.....