Author Topic: winners-----------  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: winners-----------
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 08:14:25 PM »
I thought that landracing was about going as fast as you can, for your class?? points  :roll: I dont get it.

As fast as you can? How about watch that speed like a hawk.

Eric & John ran sidecar streamliner. Competition? It's no wonder the bike guys running for champion are running sidecar.

Or run like the Hondada did. 193.8 on a 193.7 record. 178.86 on a 178.72 record. 196.3 on a 194.9 record.

Both did a bunch of class jumping. That's the way it's done if you want to win a championship.

Note: You still have to be fast. Really fast.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »
you have to run the same frame class all year--but you can change engine classes ---g  f  bg  bf   you can change  engine size ---if you want to compete for the number one bike you will have to run 15 mph over the record at 6 meets---it all starts with reading the rules and records and picking the right vehicle for the right 6 classes for 6 meets ---its tougher than you might think---even to finish in the top 25 is very difficult ---              willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 01:48:16 AM »
Finishing in the top 25 is as easy as running a decent number at all six meets..

Congrats to Eric and John for their M/C Championship this year and to Doug and Dan for the car championship.  :cheers:

Congrats to Miriam for her second place cars and third overall running as well.  :cheers:

J

Offline Mac

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 10:59:51 PM »
Thanks John!

The biggest thing we (The Hondata Team) learned from last year was having a consistent car (or two). The small record jumps (193.7 to 193.8) that the RSX did, was more sheer good luck than good planning. The plan was to finally get over 200, but it still hasn't happened. The CRX plan was not to have to change anything major throughout the year - mainly because of a money pinch at the beginning of the year. I ended having to rebuild the engine twice - because of a lack of oil in July (someone forgot to check the oil level in the dry sump)  :oops: and after Bonneville when I caught on fire (dumping 8 quarts of oil over the header will do that to a car).

Otherwise, it all depends on what happens to your competitors - who is the first to make a mistake.