Author Topic: 2010 NW Reunion  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
2010 NW Reunion
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »
Howdy, Freud.  While I could have sent you a plain ol' email -- tjhis way one and all can get an update.

Have you yet set the dates for the 2010 Reunion?  If so - would you please let us know so we can begin making our plans.

A-teng-kew, a-teng-kew, said Lawrence Welk.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline landsendlynda

Re: 2010 NW Reunion
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
You mean to tell me that after handing out almost 500 invitations, nobody read the back to see the dates?   :-o

I can't believe I wasted so much time inviting everyone and making sure they got the postcard with the invitation on the back!!  :roll:  Not gonna do that anymore!! Well, for Freud I probably will...guess that was an idle threat!

No, I'm not gonna tell the date...Look at the DARN card!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
Smarty-pants.  Yes, I remember that the date was someplace on the card (although now I can't find the card, but that's another story).  But as I mentioned in my post -- I wanted to have the dates posted here so those folks that didn't have the card might learn the date.  I tried, I tried.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 07:11:01 PM »
Bonneville NW Reunion
FEBRUARY 13, 2010

I will be going to Portland within the next week or so to finalize the arrangements. At that time the room rates will be established and the registration for the rooms can be arranged.

I will also announce the extra curricular activities that will be available.

I can see that it would be easy to throw this card away. No bright colors in it and Lynda probably handed it to you when you were

on your way to record runs.

The card was made before Speed Week. Let's call it Our Tribute to a Marvelous Man and his FAMILY.

THANX Slim

FREUD
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:14:54 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 12:58:19 AM »
Team Go Dog, Go! will be there.  Make sure there is plenty of food.

Offline Freud

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 01:46:14 AM »
FOOD....that I promise. In 9 years we have only had one complaint.

All the others succumbed.

Thanks for the interest. I'll be in Portland this week to finalize the arrangements.

This will also include the room reservations.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 10:12:34 AM »
I've heard it through the grapevine (with apologies to Marvin Gaye) that the pre-registration for the 2010 Reunion is pretty low -- so low that Freud might nowt be able to have the show at all.  If you're considering but not sure if you're going -- get off your dead butts and sign up now!  It's too good a show to let it fade into memories, hey?  And - since Nancy and I run Salt Talks -- we know just how much work goes into planning a major event for land speed racers, so don't let Freud's efforts turn out for naught.

Ed Shadle is scheduled to give the Friday evening talk on his F-104A car project,  and (oh, crud, I can't remember who) a fellow from ESPN will be the featured speaker Saturday night.

The NorthWest Reunion is an institution that should be enjoyed -- and the best way to do that is to be there in person.  The Shilo (Airport) in Portland is a nice place and the $89/room is a good deal -- fine breakfast the next morning, about a ten-minute ride to the airport, near a Burger King, too.

Be there or be Square!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Brian Westerdahl

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »
Hey guys we got to keep this get together going.  It is a perfect time of year.  Wet Rainy Cold to get together and spend some time talking landspeed racing.  Charge the batteries to go home and get to work on the project.  I know that there is enough racers not to far from Portland to fill the banquet room.  Lets geter done.  DannyBoy Crew is coming wouldn't miss it.

Offline michael lueders

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:01 PM »
Jeannie and I have made it every year (I think). Always a great time with some very cool day trips planned. We always look forward to the winter break and our annual trip to Portland. We are unable to attend this year and are very sad about that!  :-(

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 01:06:52 PM »
Okay, Ladies and Gentlemen - the annual Northwest Land Speed Racing Reunion is this coming weekend.  This will serve as one of the last reminders that I post about it. 

If you're planning on going - but haven't yet made your reservations -- for gosh sakes, get your Acura in gear and do it.  The Shilo Inn Airport in Portland is the hotel where most folks stay and where the banquet and Friday night presentation is offered.  Call the Shilo Inn for reservations.  I don't have the number handy -- you can find it pretty easy, I expect. 

If you haven't let Freud know that you're going -- call him! 

fotofreud(at)aol.com  425 337 4558 Glenn Freudenberger

It's a good show.  There's more detailed information, including a bit about Ed Shadle's Friday evening show-and-tell and the Saturday daytime offerings, on the landracing.com home page.

Nancy and I regret that we can't be there this year, but we can sure as heck do our best to get you going.

As usual -- be there or be trapezoidal!!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Freud

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 04:11:31 PM »
Thanks fellows. I appreciate the boost.

I've been dead on my can for about the past week. I've had a cold that reallyhammered me.

We are past the survival stage and it will happen. Several people have decided to come just because of the

tour of Steve's Auto Restoration.  Unless you plan to spend several hundred k dollars at the shop, there is

no other way to get a tour like this.

I really appreciate Steve opening the place to our group.

Ray the Rat ans done a website for the banquet.    www.bonnevillenwreunion.com

Check it out and see fotos from the past.

Thanks Michael, Brian and Slim for the boost

FREUD
Since '63

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 01:10:14 AM »
I just came from the banquet at the Reunion, an event I was honored to attend.  I'll make 2 posts, 1 with photos of the tour of Steve's (Frisbie) Auto Restoration http://www.stevesautorestorations.com/ from this morning and then one with photos of this evening's banquet.

First, I don't think I've ever seen as much new and vintage bare metal (zero rust) under one roof.  The craftsmanship I saw was remarkable.  We were treated to an explanation of darned near every thing in the building...and some stuff that wasn't.  Steve was a wonderful host and I sure enjoyed the tour.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 01:23:52 AM »
This post includes photos of the banquet, hosted each year by Doc Freud and was attended by more people than I could possibly name...but a wonderful group. 

The guest speaker was Bret Kepner, long-time drag racing commentator and Bonneville junkie.  The meal was great, the company wonderful and the speaker very entertaining. He told some great stories about different facets of his association with the salt flats which would take way to long begin listing.  But Freud did a video recording and I look forward to putting it on the website: http://www.bonnevillenwreunion.com/

A special thanks was given to the 200 mph Club for their support of the gathering and the last photo is the 2 Club members who were in attendance.

Offline Freud

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 01:53:29 AM »
The Reunion concluded at 9:30PM and it's now 10:53. We just emptied the room so catering can clean up.

I'm so happy it's over and I can't thank Kepner enough for a great conclusion to the night.

He was magnificent.

More later and Thanks to Ray for the two posts tonight.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
Sounds like a great gathering of LSR. Wish I could have made it. Looking forward to next year. Thanks Freud for making this happen each year.
:-D....... :cheers:....... :-)......... :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah