Author Topic: For SCTA Members  (Read 2733 times)

Offline desotoman

For SCTA Members
« on: November 04, 2009, 01:09:47 PM »
For those of you that are SCTA members, I just received the SCTA Ballot in the mail. Just a reminder for everyone to fill them out front and back and to get them in the mail. They will be counted at the November 20, SCTA meeting.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: For SCTA Members
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
SCTA ballot filled out and returned -- or was it the GG ballot that I did last week.  Whatever, folks -- when you've got the opportunity, vote.

Did we all vote yesterday, even though it was an off-year election?  In our township the ONLY issue on the ballot was for a seat on the school board.  No kids in school, not much of a dog in the fight -- but both Nancy and I cast our ballots.

You're given the chance to vote -- so please consider doing so.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:09:43 PM »
as LBJ used to say---vote and vote often  :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 12:44:21 PM »
Unh, maybe LBJ did say that, but I KNOW that Mayor Richard J. Daley (the first mayor Daley) is quoted frequently as having said, as election day9s) approached -- "Vote early and Vote often".
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »
That's the quote I remember.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 07:36:47 PM »
When it was reported by Mayor Daly's voter registration team that they were having trouble reading the names on old tombstones for fraudulent voter registrations, he is quoted as saying,"you have to do better. Those people have the same right to vote for me as everyone else."

Offline desotoman

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »
For those of you that did not know Pat Riley and I were running for Treasurer of SCTA. I just received the results and Pat won.

I would like to congratulate Pat on his victory, I know he will do a good job.

I would also like to thank all the people who voted for me. This was a last minute decision to run on my part, and except for the note included with the ballot, I did not campaign for the position, I let the note do my talking. I received more votes than I ever dreamed I would. So once again Thank You to those who voted for me I appreciate it.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.